Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The new booking process  (Read 27153 times)

Vaulz

• Convention Security Operative
  • :3
Re: The new booking process
« Reply #15 on: 23.11.2016, 09:21:47 »

The announcement only mentions credit cards but I assume debit cards will work as usual?

Same question. No bank is crazy enough to give me a credit card right now. But I do have a normal debit card (bank card as we say), which can very simply be used to confirm I exist (or whatever the reason is they need card info, which makes it strange that you'd be able to use a friend's card, since that's not on your name)

This is going to cause much chaos once registration opens...

There are many ways to confirm your identity, but as the announcement clearly states, the credit card is the only verification method that can be used on the reservation-website. So no, a debit card will not be sufficient for that purpose.

Reshi

« Reply #16 on: 23.11.2016, 23:33:04 »

[...] So no, a debit card will not be sufficient for that purpose.

Hmm interesting, I'll have to look into getting a credit card then I guess, since I don't know anyone with one (only Debit cards/"Bank cards").

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 25.11.2016, 23:16:54 »

The announcement only mentions credit cards but I assume debit cards will work as usual?

Same question. No bank is crazy enough to give me a credit card right now. But I do have a normal debit card (bank card as we say), which can very simply be used to confirm I exist (or whatever the reason is they need card info, which makes it strange that you'd be able to use a friend's card, since that's not on your name)

It needs to be a credit card, or a debit card that works like a credit card. Normal bank cards (girocard etc...) will not work for the reservation.
yours,

Cheetah

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #18 on: 25.11.2016, 23:33:05 »

It needs to be a credit card, or a debit card that works like a credit card. Normal bank cards (girocard etc...) will not work for the reservation.
DARN! There goes my chance to visit EF again. (and NO, I know nobody who actually has a CC. Only prepaid CCs that I know are preloaded with 50€ or €25. That doesn't cut it AT ALL!

http://www.apex-foundation.org/no-credit-card-no-problem/

Only ones that I know of:

« Last Edit: 25.11.2016, 23:36:35 by Quincy the Raccoon »
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #19 on: 26.11.2016, 14:52:55 »

http://mywirecard.com Credit Card Paypal style

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #20 on: 26.11.2016, 20:21:03 »

they don't sell these in the nl...

VulpesRex

« Reply #21 on: 27.11.2016, 08:19:34 »

Quincy,

Here is a brand new product which might be worth looking at for you:

https://www.wirecard.com/newsroom/press-releases/newsdetail/wirecard-issues-first-virtual-prepaid-card-for-online-payments-in-the-netherlands/

Further down on that page is a link to the PDF press announcement:

https://www.wirecard.com/uploads/tx_nenews/PM_2016_11_17_EN_pay2d.pdf

And lastly - those pre-paid VISA credit cards?  Take a close look at the fine-print on the package back.  The 25-euro cost should be the minimum value that the card has on it, when first purchased.  Once you have followed the instructions to have it activated, you should be able to "top it up" to a higher value, and there should be instructions on how to do that (usually this would be done at your bank, or at another retailer).

I hope this helps you get to EF!   :)
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #22 on: 27.11.2016, 15:02:29 »

It's a worldwide online thing that has no card oO
Card total optional.

SouthPaw

« Reply #23 on: 27.11.2016, 19:26:59 »

A quick bit of Googling finds https://www.dbcardservice.com/, which is definitely available in The Netherlands.
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Zestence

« Reply #24 on: 27.11.2016, 19:57:59 »

It needs to be a credit card, or a debit card that works like a credit card.

I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that includes the Electron. I have booked online every year with it and there's never been any problems. So unless they've changed the system it should work.

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #25 on: 27.11.2016, 20:00:58 »

Vielen Dank für alle Tipps, aber ich lebe geführt, so kann ich nicht nur etwas in Bezug auf Bank arrangieren. Das Gleiche gilt für meine persönlichen Mentor, der keine Credit Card hat. Tatsächlich, die niemand hier in Bezug auf die Führung funktioniert, ist bereit, alles zu ordnen per Kreditkarte Banking. Ja, ich weiß, dumme Regel hier, aber so tut das auch einmal, kann nichts tun. Regel habe ich nicht gedacht.

Nun, ich werde nur ein weiterer Urlaub finden müssen. Merkwürdig ist, wenn es in Magdeburg stattfand, alles verlief reibungslos. OK, es biß Seiten Bord in Bezug auf die Zahlungen noch. Jetzt ist es in Berlin stattfindet, wie es scheint ... na ja ... ich weiß nicht ... ist eher mühsam. Auch wenn diese Änderungen in Bezug auf die Zahlungen und so ... Kann nicht zu gewöhnen. Hoffentlich kann ich in die Zukunft der EF genießen, aber so wie es jetzt aussieht, wird es nichts sein. Leider aber wahr. Ich lebe aber auch von einem Jahresbudget (viele es nicht ist, kann nicht einmal ein Fursuit kaufen)

Also ja. Sehen Sie meine Sorgen hier. EF ist nicht billig, das ist ein Problem. Wenn es jetzt eine fur die für ALL war, würde ich zahlen würde ich sagen, hurra, aber ich glaube nicht, dass ich so verrückt sein, würde eine andere pelzig zu bekommen, dass auf jeden Fall tun.

Na ja, kann ich träumen oder nicht? Darf im Internet zu sitzen, aber Kauf ist außer Frage.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #26 on: 28.11.2016, 02:08:15 »

Quincy: It's nice to see you're trying to write German, however, we could better understand you when you sticked to English. Also it's fairer to those other attendees which might be reading here and who don't speak German.

All: One thing I'd like to remind all of you: while staying at the main hotel is the more comfortable and thus preferred option for many, getting no room at the Estrel (for no CC or for not being quick enough) still leaves you the option to get a room elsewhere. So there is still a chance to attend EF after all. It might even be cheaper.

*purrrr*

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #27 on: 28.11.2016, 08:42:25 »

Quincy: It's nice to see you're trying to write German, however, we could better understand you when you sticked to English. Also it's fairer to those other attendees which might be reading here and who don't speak German.

All: One thing I'd like to remind all of you: while staying at the main hotel is the more comfortable and thus preferred option for many, getting no room at the Estrel (for no CC or for not being quick enough) still leaves you the option to get a room elsewhere. So there is still a chance to attend EF after all. It might even be cheaper.

*purrrr*
Hmmmmmmmm.................. That might be an option....... But does paying to EF itself (for entrance to the con itself) also mean to pay with CC?

Vaulz

• Convention Security Operative
  • :3
« Reply #28 on: 28.11.2016, 09:12:36 »

*purrrr*
Hmmmmmmmm.................. That might be an option....... But does paying to EF itself (for entrance to the con itself) also mean to pay with CC?

Direct bank transfer has worked the past years, and I'm not aware of any changes in that area. So no, you most certainly won't Need a CC in order to pay the con-fee. As it's said in the announcement, the CC is not needed for any kind of payment, but only for the booking service of the hotel.

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #29 on: 28.11.2016, 10:38:59 »

*purrrr*

Direct bank transfer has worked the past years, and I'm not aware of any changes in that area. So no, you most certainly won't Need a CC in order to pay the con-fee. As it's said in the announcement, the CC is not needed for any kind of payment, but only for the booking service of the hotel.
AAHHH! NOW We're getting somewhere...  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up