Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recharging  (Read 5746 times)

Silverflame

Recharging
« on: 05.01.2017, 22:48:09 »

Hi there,

Are there some public places where you can recharge your phone or battery in the Estrel hotel or something where you can leave your stuff to recharge in safety. I like to take pictures with my camera and need to recharge my battery often and it would be helpful if we have something like that.

Tanks,

Silverflame

meo

Re: Recharging
« Reply #1 on: 06.01.2017, 01:39:06 »

If not in the room, I wouldn't let my stuff laying around somewhere. There are some known sockets you could use, BUT using these without first asking the Hotel/EF-Staff is in my opinion a bad behavior. Be also aware that noone will watch over a charging phone, cam, whatever. Therefore it could get damaged and/or stolen.

So my advice: charge in your room or the one of a friend.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: 07.01.2017, 00:39:38 »

If I remember correctly it says in the "Rule of conduct" that you are not allowed to use the hotel outlets . might be wrong thou.
Anyways - I'll recommend getting your hands on a powerbank.
Personally i brought a 18000mAh and power wasn't a problem for me. A USB extension cord can make it so you can have the powerbank in a backpack and the phone in your hand ^^

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #3 on: 07.01.2017, 10:33:10 »

Battery chargers for mobile devices are okay. You're not allowed to connect devices that are drawing a lot of current or posing a fire risk. For example, your own electric kettles, coffee makers, fans, fridges, and the likes are not okay. But charging your mobile phone in your room is no problem, of course.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Silverflame

« Reply #4 on: 07.01.2017, 23:04:39 »

If I remember correctly it says in the "Rule of conduct" that you are not allowed to use the hotel outlets . might be wrong thou.
Anyways - I'll recommend getting your hands on a powerbank.
Personally i brought a 18000mAh and power wasn't a problem for me. A USB extension cord can make it so you can have the powerbank in a backpack and the phone in your hand ^^

That seems like a good Idea. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up