Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I need the credit card when I check in?  (Read 6890 times)

lokimut

Do I need the credit card when I check in?
« on: 12.01.2017, 17:56:07 »

I want to use my fathers credit card to reserve a room in the Estrel hotel but he doesn't allow me to take the card with me to Berlin . Do I need it only to reserve a room or do I need it also when I check in for authentication?

Vaulz

• Convention Security Operative
  • :3
Re: Do I need the credit card when I check in?
« Reply #1 on: 12.01.2017, 18:08:36 »

The card is only necessary for the booking process and is not needed anymore once the reservation has been confirmed. For all means of identification at the hotel and the convention, an id/passport should be perfectly sufficient.

Tabia

• FA gallery
« Reply #2 on: 14.01.2017, 07:50:31 »

And what about amount of money on the card during the reservation process? I've read that there won't be wihdrawn/blocked money, yes. But do I need to have any fund for the moment of booking?  (there is valid, active card but with 1-2 eur for today)

Hai λ

• Internal Coordination
  • λ> Just $ "Eyo!" >>= replicate 2
« Reply #3 on: 14.01.2017, 10:37:41 »

It reads here that no money will be blocked or withdrawn, so your 1-2€ should be fine. :)
Embedded in the mud, glistening green and gold and black, was a butterfly, very beautiful and very dead.
Twitter | FurAffinity

Tabia

• FA gallery
« Reply #4 on: 14.01.2017, 11:22:47 »

Just clarified ^^ Thank you! :3

NightHawk

« Reply #5 on: 15.01.2017, 22:22:16 »

This was posted in another theard:
https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7391.0;attach=6234;image

Do I have to check "My contact adress is different from my billing adress" if the card comes from a relative and NOT me ?
Also, I thought it was possible to still pay at the estrel in cash. I can't find that option on this screenshot.  It says "Billing Information". But I don't want to pay using the credit card !
(I don't think my uncle who owns the credit card would like to pay for my EF room not knowing...)

And another question not related:
Till last year, every room was automatically a room for 2 persons. Now it says "Single Room" and "Single Twin Room" on the booking service. So is "Single Twin Room" for 2 persons and "Single Room" for 1 ? Do I have to order a Single twin room if i'm not sure to find a roommate just in case I do ?
« Last Edit: 15.01.2017, 22:23:49 by NightHawk »

Hai λ

• Internal Coordination
  • λ> Just $ "Eyo!" >>= replicate 2
« Reply #6 on: 15.01.2017, 22:41:17 »

Sheesh, you're posting questions late!

The credit card is mainly an authentication token and a security measure for the hotel's finances.

It is your choice which method you use to pay the hotel fees. You tell the hotel at check-in how you want to pay. If you don't chose the credit card, it's not used for payment and hence there's no paperwork coming along. :)

One situation where the credit card would be used (and hence a bill marked "paid" sent to the owner or separate billing address) is when you don't show up at all and haven't canceled your reservation within the deadlines given in the booking portal. That way, the hotel can be sure to get some money for the room now not available for making real money anymore. So the billing address is only important if anything is actually paid with the credit card, which it won't if you pick another payment method.

From what I read, the "normal" room categories might have a big bed suited for two people, whereas the "twin" room categories are sure to have two separate beds, and both room types can be used for the accommodation of one or two adults, with the different pricing levels (and, based on two adults, you can negotiate with the hotel for an upgrade to three adults and an extra bed).
« Last Edit: 15.01.2017, 22:42:53 by Hai »
Embedded in the mud, glistening green and gold and black, was a butterfly, very beautiful and very dead.
Twitter | FurAffinity

NightHawk

« Reply #7 on: 15.01.2017, 23:29:01 »

Thanks alot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up