The Eurofurence Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 25 "Fractures in Time" - Estrel Hotel Berlin, August 14-18, 2019Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [EF23] It's road trip time again! (From London)  (Read 1144 times)

SouthPaw

[EF23] It's road trip time again! (From London)
« on: 06.06.2017, 00:54:25 »

It's that time of the year again, where I try and find two more victimspassengers (or ideally one more driver and one more passenger) to join Syruss Scaleskin and myself on our epic road trip from London to Berlin for EF.

I've had a minor upgrade car wise since last year, and now have a 2016 Škoda Octavia Estate instead of the 2013 Hatch, so there's a bit more luggage space and a slightly more powerful engine.

The plan is to leave North London at around 0830 BST on Monday 14th August and head down to Dover via the North Circular Road, A13, M2 and A2 in time to catch the 1205 P&O ferry across to Calais, then head for Germany with an overnight stop at the NH Hotel Oberhausen. After breakfast on Tuesday, we head for the Estrel, with an anticipated arrival around 1700.

Returning, we depart the Estrel around noon on Monday 21st August and head for an overnight stop at the NH Hotel Eindhoven Conference Centre Konigshof. On Tuesday, it's back to Calais with the aim of catching the 1520 sailing back to Dover, then wending our way back to London via the A20 and M20.

The ferries are already booked, as are two Twin Rooms at each of the hotels en route, and the estimated cost per head is £135 to £150, which covers the ferries, hotels and fuel, though the final cost will depend on the exchange rate. Whilst it would be possible to book an extra room, that would increase the cost for the two people who end up in separate rooms by around £110 each.

If you're interested, drop me a PM on here, hunt me down on FurNet IRC (I generally hang out in #Eurofurence, #EuroFurs, #LondonFurs and #UK, amongst others), find me on Twitter or Telegram (@SouthPaw1805 on both) or drop me a good old-fashioned e-mail.

I'm prepared to make a reasonable diversion from the planned route for a pick up, but something silly like Bristol ain't happening, so you'd have to make your own way to London in such a case!
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up