Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration unfairness  (Read 8752 times)

Andy the Squirrel

• My Livejournal
Registration unfairness
« on: 10.01.2008, 03:02:27 »

I am registrant number 640. There are only 600 spaces as far as I know, so that puts me on the waiting list. I have learned that people with registration numbers below 400 have been sent emails requesting payment before the January 20th, and that leaves 200 available for selected guests. Rapido has registration number 762, but he has already had the payment request email and paid up. Why should he jump the queue?

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
Re: Registration unfairness
« Reply #1 on: 10.01.2008, 03:35:50 »

Regardless of whatever reason there may be, confirmations had to be stopped at a certain point because there are still a lot of persons we cannot do without - EMS folks, staffers, performers, who haven't registered yet.

We're in the middle of negociations at the moment, and while I can't give out any details, I can just ask you to please stay patient. Things will work out. :)
Official Something

Schneelocke

« Reply #2 on: 10.01.2008, 10:14:42 »

I am registrant number 640. There are only 600 spaces as far as I know, so that puts me on the waiting list.

It may be worth noting that Cheetah said here that Eurofurence "hope(s) to accomodate about 700-750 people", so I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll be able to attend - no need to worry about anything. :)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 10.01.2008, 15:53:11 »

If you didn't get an email that you're on the waiting list, you're not on the waitig list :)

We've just halted approving registrations because not all the people we NEED TO RUN THE CON have registered yet, and some people who also must be guaranteed to get a place because we're in their debt for one or the other reason are also still missing. Because we do not how yet many people we can PRECISELY fit into the hotel this year, we have to leave a somewhat large safety margin until negotiations about the precise number of overflow beds are finished.

We're also currently completely overwhelmed with processing the registrations and payments we already HAVE approved. We're not a large organisation, and we have day jobs, I'm really sorry for the delay ... I know that not knowing if you'll get a space or not sucks, but I'm sure everyone will survive another week :)

yours,

Cheetah

Fawks Beaumont

« Reply #4 on: 10.01.2008, 16:11:58 »

I don't know Cheetah, with less then eight months until EF14, some of us will need every moment in order to get things done in order to be able to make it to EF!!  If I don't know exactly who is going and when they are approved, I won't be able to make plans!!

(Sorry Cheetah, but I figured a joke might lighten some moods, and every one will realize that things will work out in the end.)

Xan

• Pawpeteer
  • Pawpet Show
« Reply #5 on: 10.01.2008, 18:07:48 »

I think, calming down is the best option now.  Let the Eurofurence Staff do their job and please wait for their official announcements before you start to think everything went wrong.

Pages: [1]   Go Up