Off Topic > Everything Else

Internet access during the con

(1/2) > >>

OmniSable:
As I remember from my previous attendances of EF, the internet in the hotel was available only to the guests of the hotel after you login with your room number (and for only one device at a time). Since I live in a different hotel this time, I'm thinking about the options of being able to stay online during the con.

What are my options? Should I get a mobile plan? What can I get as a foreigner? I heard there was some cool plan from T-mobile for 10Euro/month, but I'm not sure if they sell it to foreigners. Is there anything else I can do?

gummi_bjorn:
usually you can buy wifi access from the hotel, even if you dont live there.
so ask the hotel for the option.

Fineas:
International roaming has been made part of your bundle within the European Union.
So if you have a data bundle and data plan on a European carrier, then you can use it in Germany.

Aldi Talk internet plan is also very affordable if you do not already have a plan that supports the above.
In my experience, data plan (GSM based internet) is more stable then Wifi on that number of people simultaneously using it.

OmniSable:

--- Quote from: Fineas on 06.08.2017, 14:02:13 ---International roaming has been made part of your bundle within the European Union.
So if you have a data bundle and data plan on a European carrier, then you can use it in Germany.

--- End quote ---

Awww, sadly, I'm not from EU,so it won't work for me 8(

--- Quote from: Fineas on 06.08.2017, 14:02:13 ---Aldi Talk internet plan is also very affordable if you do not already have a plan that supports the above.
In my experience, data plan (GSM based internet) is more stable then Wifi on that number of people simultaneously using it.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a good idea. I've googled and found their online registration form, but it implies delivery via mail, and that's too long to wait. Can I buy it in a store somewhere (I couldn't find the info about their stores anywhere)?

meo:
Their "Stores" are the normal discounter called Aldi...you can find the next one at the McD when you are at the Estrel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version