Off Topic > Everything Else

Internet access during the con

<< < (2/2)

Santa fox:
As mentioned, you can buy Wifi from the hotel, I believe it is about 20 Euro for a few days/A full 7 day week? Alternatively, try asking the lobby whether there are any public codes you can use, despite not being at the hotel. I did that the first year at the Estrel, since the regular connection didn't work.

Sheppy:
Since some ppl are still asking - here is a solution for 2018 ^_^

Since last year there is a new law in germany where you have to identify yourself when buying a prepaid card - luckily you can do that via a Videocall too (so that shouldnt be a problem)
But i suggest you get help by a german person for it - that makes it much easier because the manual is usually in german only ^_^
At EF should be enugh german ppl with a working Internet Connection you could ask to help.

Atm i would suggest to get a card from Lidl ... its easy and cheap.
The next Lidl is just 2 minutes from the Estrel.
If you take the 5GB Dataoption, you will pay 20€ in total (9,99€ for the Starterpack and 2x5€ to reload your account)
Because then you arent bonded to a wifi which might not work - but have data connection everywhere ^_^

You need to decide how many Data Traffic you will need.
1GB or 1,5GB or 3GB or 5GB ... you see in the attached list how much they cost ... i would go for the 3GB option because then you will defenitely have enough data (or if you know you need more go for the 5GB which will also be a allnet flat - for sms and telephone/as mobile phonecalls to german phone distributors)

So you go to a LIDL buy a "Starterpack" and pay 9.99 for the SIM itself. (it already has 10€ on its account!)

Depending on the Dataoption you choose - also buy enough cards to reload your prepaid account (5€, 15€ 30€ cards available afaik) (and dont forget that you already will have 10€ on that simcard)

Then you activate your simcard (here help from a german person would be great and you need to have your passport/ID card ready) --> at the third attached picture you can see if you need a passport or id card.

If its activated ... you type into your phone ... *100*reloadcode# (which will be on those cards to reload) and you should directly get a response ... usually via sms that the transaction was succesful

Then you can book that package you choosed (as you can see in the picture i attached)

Hope that helped
LG the Sheppyhusk ... ceeya at EF *wagwagwag*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version