Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Piri from Austria  (Read 8148 times)

Piri

Piri from Austria
« on: 27.11.2017, 01:25:07 »

Heya!

I'm Piri (or Nicole) from Austria! I am mostly here since I enjoy furry art. I am myself an artist, I mostly draw ponies and alpacas (and NSWF stuff). I am in the brony fandom for some years now, but never got in contact with the furry scene.
I am thinking to visit the Eurofurence for quite a while now.
Since I was told that furries are hating bronies I was a little bit scared but... yeah I guess maybe some are like that but the scene is huge, I guess not everybody can hate me, or can they ^_^'?

People got weird ideas about brony conventions too, but if they are attenting to one the are stunned! There are so good vibes, nice people, lots of fun and one interest unites them all. So I am expecting the Eurofurence is such a place too :)

My Ponysona Ginger Bread:

Drawn by Ipun

VulpesRex

Re: Piri from Austria
« Reply #1 on: 27.11.2017, 07:40:50 »

Greetings, Piri!

No one at EuroFURence - or at most other Furry Conventions - will be hating on you, just for being an MLP fan (or "Brony").  We've had several MLP-FiM themed fursuits over the years, and they participate in the fursuit parade and walk around the halls of the con site like everyone else.  LOTS of Furry Fans are also MLP Fans, as well as being general fans of Animation, Comic Books, and Music Performance and Production.

...(one note about differences of approach: Ive noticed on such fan sites as Equestria Daily that bronies tend to do CosPlay in clothing (mostly dresses and gowns as appropriate) geared to accommodate the human form and comfort; while I haven't seen anyone CosPlaying as Princess Celestia or Princess Luna in that particular style at any furcons I've attended, I have seen many people CosPlaying Anime and Manga characters, and even Pirates of the Caribbean or Beetlejuice, with no hassle)...

So by all means, feel free to sign up for a membership when registration opens, and be prepared to have a fun time!  Just be open-minded to the fact that most of the programming and fan participation won't have an MLP slant to it, but no one is going to make you feel uncomfortable for your pony interests, or for bringing them up.

...OH - and if anyone does make you feel uncomfortable or you feel harassment or hostility for any reason - a very rare occurance, in my experience - well, we have an excellent Security Staff to make sure that it stops, pronto!  Just let any of them know (they wander continuously through the convention space, and have a central base and telephone access), or any staff member know, and it will be dealt with.

Good Luck, and hope to see you at EuroFURence sometime in the future!
« Last Edit: 27.11.2017, 07:48:13 by VulpesRex »
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Piri

Re: Piri from Austria
« Reply #2 on: 27.11.2017, 11:16:11 »

Greetings, Piri!

No one at EuroFURence - or at most other Furry Conventions - will be hating on you, just for being an MLP fan (or "Brony").  We've had several MLP-FiM themed fursuits over the years, and they participate in the fursuit parade and walk around the halls of the con site like everyone else.  LOTS of Furry Fans are also MLP Fans, as well as being general fans of Animation, Comic Books, and Music Performance and Production.

...(one note about differences of approach: Ive noticed on such fan sites as Equestria Daily that bronies tend to do CosPlay in clothing (mostly dresses and gowns as appropriate) geared to accommodate the human form and comfort; while I haven't seen anyone CosPlaying as Princess Celestia or Princess Luna in that particular style at any furcons I've attended, I have seen many people CosPlaying Anime and Manga characters, and even Pirates of the Caribbean or Beetlejuice, with no hassle)...

So by all means, feel free to sign up for a membership when registration opens, and be prepared to have a fun time!  Just be open-minded to the fact that most of the programming and fan participation won't have an MLP slant to it, but no one is going to make you feel uncomfortable for your pony interests, or for bringing them up.

...OH - and if anyone does make you feel uncomfortable or you feel harassment or hostility for any reason - a very rare occurance, in my experience - well, we have an excellent Security Staff to make sure that it stops, pronto!  Just let any of them know (they wander continuously through the convention space, and have a central base and telephone access), or any staff member know, and it will be dealt with.

Good Luck, and hope to see you at EuroFURence sometime in the future!

I am so glad to hear that! I am sure I will have lots of fun! I guess I am overthinking things, since there are some bad experiences ^^'

Ponies are my main interest, but I love the furryfandom too and now I want to be part of it. I guess I am just someone who stands more in the background.
I had no idea there are anime and manga cosplayer at the convention too! But it seems very logical since the fandoms are connected  Most people don't have just one thing they like of course :)

Your answer makes me much more comptable, thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up