Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Room Partner Webpage  (Read 6378 times)

kubwa

Room Partner Webpage
« on: 23.01.2018, 18:10:50 »

Heya everyone,

this will be my first EF, so thank you all for bring this awesome event to us.
I thought how i could help the community and the staff with the EF and had the following idea:

A public website where people who got an hotel room (in the Estrel or wherever) can post that they are searching for room mates. People who are looking for roommates can also post there to find someone. The website should allow to filter and search trought all posts.
Everything should run without registration, just with a security token to edit and delete your own post you will get per mail. Interested people can contact you trought the website without seeing your mail address. ALl communication after that can be made per mail, telegram or wherever.

My question is now: is it ok for the EF staff if i offer such a website? is it ok if i use "EF" or similar somewhere in the internet address?
I'am just asking because i don't want to make any trouble.

Solarwuff

Re: Room Partner Webpage
« Reply #1 on: 23.01.2018, 18:17:07 »

Heya everyone,

I thought how i could help the community and the staff with the EF and had the following idea:

A public website where people who got an hotel room (in the Estrel or wherever) can post that they are searching for room mates. People who are looking for roommates can also post there to find someone. The website should allow to filter and search trought all posts.
Everything should run without registration, just with a security token to edit and delete your own post you will get per mail. Interested people can contact you trought the website without seeing your mail address. ALl communication after that can be made per mail, telegram or wherever.

My question is now: is it ok for the EF staff if i offer such a website? is it ok if i use "EF" or similar somewhere in the internet address?

there is already a sub page for room sharing / looking
https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/board,11.0.html
Telegram: @Solarwuff

kubwa

« Reply #2 on: 23.01.2018, 18:20:42 »

Heya everyone,

there is already a sub page for room sharing / looking
https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

*nods* Absolutely right, yep.
But there are many forums out there and many threads with search requests. It is also not easy to click trought many pages and extract the information i need to choose a good roommate. A filter and search function would personally help me.

It is just an idea to make search easier and faster. And maybe people can meet as roomates who would never met without such a database. If nobody wants it, its ok... I'am just asking the Staff if its generally ok... I don't want trouble, thats why i ask.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #3 on: 23.01.2018, 19:34:17 »

Hm ... I kinda like this idea. We'll need to think about it some more.

Especially since the registration system already contains functionality for forming room groups, sending email invitations, etc. We used that part when EF was still run in a youth hostel, and MMC, the other convention using the same system, is still using it.

It will need some adaptation, because in the end the main contact for the room still needs to inform the Estrel about the room partners.

Noted, with no promises of course.

Thank you for the suggestion.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Shex

• just a coyote
« Reply #4 on: 23.01.2018, 23:20:04 »

What I really liked about kubwa's idea was the fact that we could filter for stuff. To me, it's pretty important to find someone who wants to stay the exact same amount of days as I do. So I'd definitely like something that takes that into account, as compared to MMC where everyone usually stays the same amount of time :)

BlueBerry

• Fursuit Entertainment
  • Press Relations
  • Feedbacksammler
« Reply #5 on: 27.01.2018, 08:39:18 »

EF is listed on conroomies.com: https://www.conroomies.com/convention/ef24

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #6 on: 27.01.2018, 18:55:59 »

Oh okay, so somebody else already built this. Good.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pages: [1]   Go Up