The Eurofurence Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 25 "Fractures in Time" - Estrel Hotel Berlin, August 14-18, 2019Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying With a LARGE Fursuit Case  (Read 627 times)

Binky

Flying With a LARGE Fursuit Case
« on: 16.04.2018, 22:39:29 »

Can anyone please recommend airlines that have good allowances for checked luggage? I have a case that protects my suit including the head and horns but it is quite big and heavy so I'm looking for cheap ways of flying with it from the UK. Its dimensions are 80x60x57cm.

Thanks

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Press Relations
    • Wölfisch
Re: Flying With a LARGE Fursuit Case
« Reply #1 on: 16.04.2018, 23:49:22 »

Eurowings seems to be cool with oversized baggage as long as it is secured in "cases or similar compact receptacles": see https://www.eurowings.com/en/legal-information/general-conditions-of-carriage.html chapter 8.2 and 17 — but only on actual Eurowing flights (no code share flights), and the involved airports need to be able to handle them. The latter applies to all airlines, of course. Give the airline's customer service a call shortly before booking the flight.

Note: I haven't tried flying with oversized baggage yet.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Heather Alexander, Blood and Passion

silverfoxwolf

• SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
« Reply #2 on: 23.04.2018, 20:49:37 »

It really depends a lot on the airline you are flying with as to what they will permit size and weight wise. If you're in doubt contact the airline customer services or their website should have information on what you can take as standard or oversized.
More is more.

Ragear

• Ragear the Lion
« Reply #3 on: 03.05.2018, 21:19:36 »

Can anyone please recommend airlines that have good allowances for checked luggage? I have a case that protects my suit including the head and horns but it is quite big and heavy so I'm looking for cheap ways of flying with it from the UK. Its dimensions are 80x60x57cm.

You'll have to wade through baggage regulations ... Ryanair used to be relaxed I thinks, SAS is relaxed. Otherwise is biting the bullet and squeeze of a 100quid per flight ... consider ground travel, train or car, maybe not that much more or even cheaper then. I#d have said "besides you're not treated like a crminal at the airport" but there's british immigration fpr you, too.

Ragear

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #4 on: 09.05.2018, 14:42:41 »

Otherwise is biting the bullet and squeeze of a 100quid per flight
Or, if you know someone who lives close to EF, you might consider shipping the fursuit. I know that's scary, but no matter if you ship it or check your luggage, it always means trusting some company not to lose it.

In other options: some people take the head as "personal item" in carry-on and squeeze the body into a regular sized suitcase, but I never did that and don't know what the current size for such a "personal item" is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up