Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carbon critter, peeping around...  (Read 5580 times)

Charcoal Mouse

• Burnt Wooden Rodent
    • FurAffinity
Carbon critter, peeping around...
« on: 03.08.2018, 23:34:22 »

It's on short notice, but I figure I'll introduce myself to the forum, and to the attendees of the upcoming EF.

I'm a furry doodler, in my thirties, living in the south of the Netherlands. I mostly work with pencil and paper, and sometimes fineliner. It's mostly a hobby, but a passionate hobby that has stuck with me for a large part of my life (I blame Disney's Robin Hood). Rodents (squirrels are a firm favourite, canids and felines have been favoured subjects to draw, although I also draw other species. I prefer drawing fantasy scenes, and natural environments, where I can let my penchant for frilly details run unchecked. I'm pre-occupied with learning perspective and human anatomy, a thing which is increasingly present in every drawing I make. One day I hope to be able to make a drawing fully in perspective and anatomically correct.

Though I've been to anime/manga cons, fantasy cons and comic cons before, this will be my first con which caters specifically to my interests. I wonder whether I'll get to chat to artists whom I've been following for years, as well as get to talk to unfamiliar artists, make some connections and buy some stuff. I'm also curious as to what kind of energy I will experience at the con; very excited to find out. I will also try and get some time and space to sketch some characters, possibly (preferably?) with a few likeminded people. I'm also busy with a charity auction drawing which I sincerely hope I get done before this edition of EF, if not the next. I'm a very slow doodler.

I'm going to cut myself off before posting walls of text here. TL;DR: 30+y/o NL furry doodler, first-timer at EF. If you happen to see a 6'3", bespectacled geezer pencilling away in a corner, feel free to say "Hi" and start doodling with me.

Kind regards,

CM ~

Hurga

• IT Department
Re: Carbon critter, peeping around...
« Reply #1 on: 04.08.2018, 03:22:38 »

Oh, a familiar name...

I don't know if you even remember me, but I remember to have found you about 15 years ago on some obscure dutch (?) forum. I seem to remember we exchanged a few messages, and I saved a pawful of your drawings.

Nice to meet you again. It would be fun to say hi at EF :)

Charcoal Mouse

• Burnt Wooden Rodent
    • FurAffinity
Re: Carbon critter, peeping around...
« Reply #2 on: 04.08.2018, 10:37:49 »

The name does ring a little bell somewhere, but I can't quite remember where exactly. The only forum I can remember being part of 15+ years ago is Noogy's animation forum, the Art Archive forum and perhaps the Katbox forum. There are so many contacts that went out of touch because either personal life happened or the forums closed. Nevertheless, I'm glad that you remembered me. Hopefully life has treated you well, you'll have a blast at EF and who knows, we'll get to meet.

CM ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up