Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF24 The elevator drama

(1/5) > >>

Cifer:
Once again, the joy of the elevators! It feels like wing 4 had at least one downed elevator more often than all three were functional.
Assholes who think it's great fun to jump or do whatever other things to break the elevators need to be tarred and feathered (unless they're birds, then tarring should be enough). While I don't know what can be done to stop this behavior, a first step might be to give suggestions to bystanders watching this happen (via the sign within the elevator) - snapping a picture of the offender's badge and handing it over to security later is probably the easiest way of identifying culprits.

Ragear:
the elevators are original but now 25years old ... ofc we give them a thorough workout but https://twitter.com/DukeFawks/status/1032992045932134401 makes it look that maintenance is an issue neglected by the estrel ... would like to see maintenance records before the hotel blames us too much :)

Ragear

Suicune:
Isn't there a date written somewhere when it happened last time? At least the elevators had a sticker with a QR code, no idea what it said though, forgot to scan it.
And I guess it wasn't always thanks to stupid people. I mean elevator number 3 in wing one always got stuck on floor 9 for a while thanks to the doors from what I know. To go on you had to help it to close the doors. We got a person unstuck like that once. Doors were slightly broken all the time on all elevators there.

But yeah, the whole hotel needs some serious maintenance and an efficient AC system in the guest rooms. I mean, we only pay a part of what they usually charge for a room, and these are expensive as hell normally, starting at 155€.
Right now the hotel got a lot of uncooled rooms and in some cases a system which doesn't evel make sense. In wing 3 top floor you get ACs standing on the ground... You may guess the problem with this.
The hallways got no ACs I guess, cause everything I see are opened windows, even at 30°C. It didn't make waiting on wing 4 top floors more bearable. Also not that the elevator shafts simply baked you and like that also heated all hallways.
Even the ground floors got no system to get fresh air there, just why? Wing 1 smells like a kitchen down there half of the time.

And then there was the incident with a leaky roof in the top category rooms last year from what I heard....

So.. maybe not spending millions on an italian who replaces comfy old chairs with uncomfy cheap plastic ones, or this weird stuff standing around which is supposed to be art. Rather use it for moderisation.

At least no problem with the new NFC system, made opening doors so much easier.

o'wolf:
Yearly maintenance of the elevators was done in July. However, as Ragear correctly wrote, the elevators are rather old and probably need to be replaced soon. Also, they are not designed for this kind of load. A typical hotel guest will travel down only once in the morning and once back to their room at night, not up and down between arbitrary floors all day (and night) long as furry convention attendees do.

Ragear:
with the upcoming works for the new tower I'd bet that the Estrel will put up another 3-4 years till the new tower is complete. But then they should consider reworking one tower after the other ... and faster elevators maybe? Or add glass vista elevators at the end of the hallways or between the buldings/ skybridges ... but my hopes are low.

Ragear

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version