Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF24 Feedback (2018)  (Read 15624 times)

Rishary

Re: EF24 Feedback (2018)
« Reply #15 on: 02.09.2018, 18:38:48 »

I'd love to see a water solution like that! Even just a small cooler at the club stage would be a blessing to avoid going down and back up every time you want to drink :)

Cifer

« Reply #16 on: 02.09.2018, 20:53:28 »

While I'd be somewhat surprised to see the Estrel allow something like this, I'd definitely enjoy it!

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #17 on: 03.09.2018, 03:28:26 »

While I'd be somewhat surprised to see the Estrel allow something like this, I'd definitely enjoy it!
Last year I would have agreed, but then this year I was surprised to see the Estrel allow food trucks. I'm not sure I see the difference between allowing stalls that sell a type of food they don't supply, and a stall that dispenses a type of water they don't supply.

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #18 on: 03.09.2018, 06:26:49 »

I'm sure the got something from the money the food trucks made.
Sadly none of the trucks offered food I like. I'm not interested in burgers or green stuff. Some Currywurst or Bratwurst with a bun which would have been sold at not thrice the normal price would have been nice.

I wouldn't use the water offer if I don't need to since I don't like their tapwater. Tastes like nothing, like completely nothing, not even a slight metallic taste or so.
I mostly have a waistbag with me where a small cheap tasty edeka waterbottle fits in besides other small stuff.

Btw. What I noticed after the PPS: People not picking up their f- garbage. Srsly? You don't let that on the ground at home, so don't do it at other places.

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #19 on: 03.09.2018, 16:22:11 »

Quote from: SiranaJHelena
Aside from that though I have a little request for the Art Show team. Would it be possible to give some information about unsold art? I'm not that popular, so standing in line to get my unsold art will be necessary anyway but especially when you have large pictures and no hotel room, it would be cool to know how much luggage you have to expect. I totally understand why the list hanging outside after the closing is arranged the way it is. But I'd really appreciate some kind of additional note that tells me what I have to pick up in the evening. That may be some sheet of paper on the wall, a short message in the app, a carrier pigeon or any other kind of note that doesn't require a lot of extra work. ^^

I know the buyer was pinged via Smartphone App that they got their artwork. Maybe the system could be used to inform the artist about their sales and un-sales if you stay logged in. :)

Quote from: Ziegenbock
A registration system for the Artist Lounge and Alley. With demand for tables much higher than supply, there needs to be some regulation, to keep things fair for everyone, and give more artists a chance to use the Lounge (and stop people allegedly blocking tables with 'be right back' notices and not returning all day). We'd need to think how this'd work, but one option is to offer each table on a time slot (such as 4 hours or 6 hours). Keep a reserve list, and if a person needs to leave early, offer their table to the next person on the reserve list.

To be honest, we thought about time slots ... the biggest problem we face: We don't have the manpower to controll it for four days 24 hours. We would need five extra people to sit there constantly and checking the lists / names which we just can't manage. If you have a simple solution two people can handle over for days with 24 hours then be my guest and tell me. :)

Quote from: ANTIcarrot
Would the convention staff consider asking the Estrel how they would view a professional water refill station.

Before I'd use these I'll prefer to stick to my system helping me throughout the con: tap water. Which I can refill at any water supply coming out of a wall. German tap water has a very high quality - better than some you can buy bottled in the supermarket. It is tested constantly. Also at home I drink mostly tap water. And the best: I can drink as much as I want!!!! :D

Felfur

• perfectly patterned & spectacularly spotted
« Reply #20 on: 05.09.2018, 15:50:27 »

they know we empty out the local cash machines
That is a point I have to add, that hadn't been covered by now. This year the ATM was broken nearly the whole convention (I checked it from time to time from late Thursday on). I know that this machine is not handled by the hotel itself, but in one of the previous years someone organised these mobile ATM trucks standing outside on the driveway, as the ATM was constantly empty. It would have been very nice to have these again this year. So maybe whoever is organising them, can have a look at the ATM situation and act accordingly next year? On the other hand, the walk to the Sparkasse near the McDonnald is not that far.

All my other points have already been discussed in these threads, So I just list them:
- elevator drama. (Block 4, 12th (highest) floor). Usually one of three elevators broken, often also the second, sometimes long lines for the remaining one, esp. if fursuiters are let in first. Was mostly lucky and didn't had to wait very long. I see no immediate remedy to this. I never heard of any individual jumping (I'd hand them over to sec if I saw one immed.). So I assume the high strain we place on them constanly going up&down with the hot weather is the root cause (additional cooling fans inside the motor room and more vent openings may be a fire problem?).
additional info: the first elevator one the right was a little sensitive, you could break it by simply walking in to fast while already half loaded (not jumping in!), as the impulse of placing the foot inside and the wobbling bcs of the shifted load might trigger its position sensor. Easily fixed, everyone out, let it reset within seconds, and walking in again more softly (saw this happen once).

-had expected more variety from the food trucks, either have more different ones at the same time, or change them on a daily/twoday base (maybe keep a favourite one like eg. burgers, or have some overlap).

-pps long but ok. Would habe been better if there were narration during all scene changes to keep people interested, maybe wasn't considered necessary or coulnd't have been created in time.

To all who complain about the writing: external scripts also have to accomodate the existing puppets and probs, and the limited capability to build new ones, as well as the available pupeteers. This is probably best done from the inside, from someone who already knows what works fine with the actors and knows what is available and can be done in the limit time during the year. (No, doesn't need to always be Che/Eis, might also be a new pps staff in its 2nd/3rd year, just apply for the position). Also it's just not possible to have each puppet several times with different clothes e.g. one with a space suit and one without, to remove dressingtime, or have complete scenes stored in the back like in professional theatres. Same also applies, as probably the script is changed during the first rehearsals, as they fix plot holes, rewrite details to portray characters and actions more precisely, and remove unneccessary scenes (or transfer them to narration). This all converges to a running show over the year just in time for the actual show, so having an external script that mostly works directly will not be that easy as in "write it and just play".

I also noticed the one puppeteer repeatably visible. As I recognised the person I can say, that this is due to this persons size. As one could see after the show, the puppeteers all have a different body size, so some may need to wear highheels to even get the puppet high enough, while others have to play crouched for hours. So if one of them is visble sometimes, well, I know where it comes from and can live with that. Again, this is not a professional play. And just for the jokes, no, imposing a rule for puppeteers to have a certain size does not solve this! (they don't just grow on trees to be plugged when having the right size and playing ability). Be happy to have the ones that are there at all! :)

The space scene with the bomb was gorgeous, with the space-earth on front of the play rail. It actually looked as if it is moving sometimes. Very simple but ingineous and nice idea.

-Pro: Most things starting actually on time or only with the usual max 30min delay, except when elevators play a relevant role with required staff...

- visited the artists in the rotunda and noticed some change over the days (so not only the same 10 artist blocking everything). On the other hand, some left their displays over night to have a spot the next day, which can be considered blocking the place

- I think all other things went well this time.
« Last Edit: 05.09.2018, 16:18:51 by Felfur »
Being feline is about attitude, not body shape. Gender is between the ears, not the legs. "To sweet" is not sweet enough for me.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #21 on: 05.09.2018, 18:29:17 »

Would habe been better if there were narration during all scene changes to keep people interested, maybe wasn't considered necessary or coulnd't have been created in time.
It was the second, and you're spot on with your other observations about our show :)

*purrrr*

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 06.09.2018, 12:00:05 »

The space scene with the bomb was gorgeous, with the space-earth on front of the play rail. It actually looked as if it is moving sometimes.

That's because it actually did move :)

(The footage originally came from the International Space Station live stream.)
yours,

Cheetah

Felfur

• perfectly patterned & spectacularly spotted
« Reply #23 on: 06.09.2018, 22:04:49 »

The space scene with the bomb was gorgeous, with the space-earth on front of the play rail. It actually looked as if it is moving sometimes.
That's because it actually did move :)
(The footage originally came from the International Space Station live stream.)
What? LOL (rly!) I though it was just a nicely printed and well illuminated banner hung from the rail, and any movement was due to some small air movement making it move just enough that my eye registered some faint movement (like "pixel noise"). Chapeau! Well done. :)
Being feline is about attitude, not body shape. Gender is between the ears, not the legs. "To sweet" is not sweet enough for me.

Lutra

• Nature is the best artist.
« Reply #24 on: 07.09.2018, 15:03:29 »

In general

I am absolutely satisfied again with this years EF. I had a lot of fun and I also liked the idea with the food trucks.

Artists alley

I too tried out the artists alley and was lucky to get a table. If I planned to go there I usually took some food and some water with me in case I have to stay there for a longer time and wait for customers. Waiting seems to be the longest part. Most people just watch and go to the next table. But well thats business. Either the people like it or not ;) I think the system that was used for the table was quite acceptable. Sure it was not a guaranteed place, but then again this is the artists alley and not the dealers den so you have to make compromises. Hope to see and hopefully get a table next time.

The Pawpet Show

It was again a nice show. I really enjoyed the spaceship scene with the earth in the back. I also enjoyed the little things that have been added based on things that happened in the previous EF like this "Laden..." icon. Kind of self-mockery ;)

Fursuit Lounge

As it was my first time suiting this EF I can only tell what I experienced for this EF. The fursuit lounge is perfect. Enough place to relax and cool down. The isotonic drinks have been very helpful especially during the dances ;) Also the repair station there was a good thing in case your suite needs some fixing.

Food Trucks:

The idea with the food trucks was very nice.

NFC-Cards

I found these pretty helpful especially when suited up as you can get easyly into your room.

Conclusion

All in all another lovely Eurofurence. Way to go! See you next time!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up