Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Room Booking procedure for 2019  (Read 16615 times)

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
Room Booking procedure for 2019
« on: 27.12.2018, 14:12:06 »

Hi all!

This is a thread for questions regarding the room booking procedure.

Please wait before you post here until we have actually announced the procedure in the announcement section. We are working on a good description.

As the announcement will include a link to this thread, I needed to post it here first, so I can link to it.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Polar Lykaios

• guilmon2009 at FurAffinity
Re: Room Booking procedure for 2019
« Reply #1 on: 27.12.2018, 19:14:13 »

Hello :)

My Question is if the Credit Card verification still exists, it was Not mentioned but i would be good to know that.

My Second Question is if i can try out that Webapp for myself, for having an good live Experience and better feeling for the Use.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #2 on: 27.12.2018, 21:44:43 »

Hello :)

My Question is if the Credit Card verification still exists, it was Not mentioned but i would be good to know that.

Hi!

As far as I am aware, you should not need a credit card to make a hotel reservation.

For the convention fee itself, a VISA or Mastercard credit card or debit card is the preferred method of payment, but we also accept money transfers if you really cannot obtain a credit card. As this causes manual work for us, we're grateful if this option is only used by those who really have no access to a credit card.

My Second Question is if i can try out that Webapp for myself, for having an good live Experience and better feeling for the Use.

You cannot really try the app beforehand. Sorry, I just don't have the time to install more test systems. You'll have to wait and see.

The forum post has screenshots of the first two of the three screens.

There isn't much more to it. Just a welcome screen with a language selector and a single button, then on the second screen a bunch of fields to fill out, a checkbox to set, and a button to press. On the third screen (not shown in the screenshots), you get a link to open the email in your email program. It works with outlook and some other mail programs. If it doesn't work with yours, the web app also prints the email subject, the To: address, and the full text of the mail, so you can copy & paste and manually mail it.

You need to send the email as the web app writes it for you. It should already be addressed correctly and contains all necessary information for the Estrel, which greatly simplifies their booking process.

Basil Lion

• Fursuit support
    • WUFF
« Reply #3 on: 28.12.2018, 09:00:15 »

Hi!

1) "3 persons" room - does this actually mean 2+1 (roll-in bed already counted, so it is actually 2 persons room + 1 roll-in)
Or is it 3+1 (so it is still possible to request +1 roll in bed as extra on top of that 3 person room)

2) Any room categories where 4 people my live together?

Thank you!
[skype: basil_lion] [telegram: basil_lion] [twitter: basil_lion]

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #4 on: 28.12.2018, 10:06:55 »

Hi!

1) "3 persons" room - does this actually mean 2+1 (roll-in bed already counted, so it is actually 2 persons room + 1 roll-in)
Or is it 3+1 (so it is still possible to request +1 roll in bed as extra on top of that 3 person room)

Thank you!

Hi!

It's 2+1.

There are no 4 person rooms among the available room categories.

Riley

« Reply #5 on: 28.12.2018, 12:04:29 »

Two questions that occured to me:

1. Does a roommate need a registration at the convention?

2. If someone who wants to get a room is unavailable at the registration time, can i use my account and the other persons account to book two rooms using the same computer or will i be banned because of IP address check or whatever?

Basil Lion

• Fursuit support
    • WUFF
« Reply #6 on: 28.12.2018, 12:11:38 »

Hi!

Thank you!

Hi!

It's 2+1.

There are no 4 person rooms among the available room categories.

I heard there are "family rooms" for 4 people in the hotel (well, it is actually just 2 rooms for 2 people each, with a door in between). But such option is not available on EF site nor on hotel site. So the questions are:

1) If such option is available - could 1 person book such "family room" (2+2) and assign 3 remaining roomates as guests, or should the rooms be booked separately?

2) If rooms need to be booked separately - then which two rooms make a "family room" together and how to properly request that from the hotel?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: 28.12.2018, 13:37:17 by Basil Lion »

Loewi

• Accounting Director
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #7 on: 28.12.2018, 14:04:05 »

Just ask the hotel if there are some left after you booked the room - or simply state it in the comment field when you book it.
The Hotel indeed has some available (its basically two rooms, but only one bath), but some staffers take them to make more rooms available for everyone, so its possible that they are gone.

Basil Lion

• Fursuit support
    • WUFF
« Reply #8 on: 28.12.2018, 14:08:40 »

The Hotel indeed has some available (its basically two rooms, but only one bath), but some staffers take them to make more rooms available for everyone, so its possible that they are gone.

We are a group of four and this is basically what we intend to do - to free up more rooms for everyone else :)
Thanks, Loewi!

Dinalo

« Reply #9 on: 11.01.2019, 20:01:55 »

My question is what happens if both roommates try booking for better odds of getting a room and both end up getting a room.
Can you just message them that you dont want one of the two rooms anymore?

Xar

« Reply #10 on: 12.01.2019, 21:29:33 »

Another question regarding the room booking procedure:

Does the con fee need to be paid in order to generate my booking code and send the room booking email?

Or, in other words: can I wait until I have reserved a room before paying the convention fee, or the web page won't let me book unless I'm already fully paid?

Thank you!

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #11 on: 12.01.2019, 22:20:06 »

Does the con fee need to be paid in order to generate my booking code and send the room booking email?

No. As soon as you are "accepted", that is, you have received the mail asking you to pay, hotel booking is available to you.

We realize that some people for various reasons do not wish to attend if they are not successful in obtaining a hotel room. We do all we can to make overflow hotels work for everyone, with the provided bus service and the security operated storage and the fursuit lounge, but it's not our place to criticize our attendees in making this choice. I have personally heard some reasons that I find convincing, others less so.

You actually have a second week during which you could try to find a room partner in the Room Sharing section of this forum if you're not lucky next Saturday, before you have to pay or make the choice to cancel.

Xar

« Reply #12 on: 12.01.2019, 23:10:03 »

No. As soon as you are "accepted", that is, you have received the mail asking you to pay, hotel booking is available to you.

We realize that some people for various reasons do not wish to attend if they are not successful in obtaining a hotel room. We do all we can to make overflow hotels work for everyone, with the provided bus service and the security operated storage and the fursuit lounge, but it's not our place to criticize our attendees in making this choice. I have personally heard some reasons that I find convincing, others less so.

You actually have a second week during which you could try to find a room partner in the Room Sharing section of this forum if you're not lucky next Saturday, before you have to pay or make the choice to cancel.

That's great. Thank you!

Takuma

« Reply #13 on: 13.01.2019, 15:10:44 »

Hello,

It was mentioned above that there is no need for a credit card for making a reservation.
Is it needed for the payment ? or is a bank account in the EU enough if the payments are made before a certain date?
I am asking because I only have a prepaid credit card and not all hotels accept those.
So if paying by bank is possible it would make things a lot easier.

Kind regards,
Takuma

Doruvon

« Reply #14 on: 13.01.2019, 17:14:37 »

Hello,

It was mentioned above that there is no need for a credit card for making a reservation.
Is it needed for the payment ? or is a bank account in the EU enough if the payments are made before a certain date?
I am asking because I only have a prepaid credit card and not all hotels accept those.
So if paying by bank is possible it would make things a lot easier.

Kind regards,
Takuma

They will send you an invoice with their IBAN details at the near bottom. You just need to fill in the information like your reservation/unique nr so that they know it was you that payed them.
So you must do it manual by going to your own bank to transfer the money, fill in IBAN, Reservation nr and other information. (Similar how you would pay EF)
« Last Edit: 13.01.2019, 17:16:50 by Doruvon »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up