Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: T-Shirt Sizes EF24  (Read 7972 times)

Chari

T-Shirt Sizes EF24
« on: 28.08.2018, 12:25:04 »

Is it just me or is the actual size of the con t-shirts nowhere as large as they should be??
I have great trouble with my 3XL shirt, it just wont fit me under any circumstances. It is waaay to small!
Last year I had no problem at all with the 3XL fitting me pretty well, and nope, it isnt me why it would not fit this year.

Any thoughts about that?
« Last Edit: 28.08.2018, 12:55:56 by Chari »

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
Re: T-Shirt Sizes EF24
« Reply #1 on: 28.08.2018, 15:36:10 »

It's this male/female fit stuff which tends to be way too small in general. But for whatever reason standard shirts aren't available in many shops anymore... -_-

Vulniir

• Dealers Den
« Reply #2 on: 29.08.2018, 02:21:22 »

Hello Chari,

I am sorry to hear that your shirt doesn't fit.
In general, the normal shirts this year were even a little bit bigger than usual, so several people even choosed to buy a smaller size than usual. In contrast, the lady fits were smaller. The shirts can be identified by looking at the size label, black labels with white font were unisex, lady fits had a wider neck and white labels with black font. (this doesn't apply to the 4XL shirts, they're from a different brand)

The ConStore will be back in the Dealers' Den next year and sell the leftover stock from this year. I don't have a number at the moment, but there were some 4XL leftovers - so there's a good chance to get another one if you come early. When visiting us, just ask us to see the shirt more closely to see if it might fit.

Cheers
Vulniir

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #3 on: 29.08.2018, 07:55:57 »

The shirts can be identified by looking at the size label, black labels with white font were unisex

Nope. These are male fit shirts, not unisex. Clearly recognizable when a female wears them. Little bit too tight around chest area and little too wide shoulder area which makes them feel odd first. Also the typical small arms. I keep buying male fit ones when unisex isn't available, they all feel alike.
Unisex shirts would have been much wider, not almost bodytight. Also unisex ones got more room around the arms. But as I said, these don't seem to be standard anymore. No shop I bought from a while ago offered these.

Btw. stay away from water, the EF24 shirts are so thin that you probably can almost look through when they are wet. xD

Ghostbear

• high-maintenance
    • FA
« Reply #4 on: 29.08.2018, 11:00:20 »

I agree with the shirts sizes being quite small this year.
I'm a heavy guy and currently wearing a 2XL shirt. Or 3XL, that depends on the brand.
Usually the 3XL Con Shirt is a little on the larger size, which is totally fine (I prefer a lose fit over a snug one)
This year, after hearing in the queue that they are a bit on the small side, I took a 4XL shirt and that was still a bit smaller than the 2XL shirt I'm normally wearing.
Normally with 4XL I would be swimming in them, but that one was still a little snug.

Not your fault of course, but I guess it's good to give feedback on that.

Jorinda

• Press Relations
« Reply #5 on: 29.08.2018, 14:19:25 »

The sizes of the girl shirts feel normal. But I agree with Suicune about the fabric being very thin.

Schorse

« Reply #6 on: 29.08.2018, 19:29:14 »

To be honest, when I saw the shirt being put in the bag, I thought it was a cleaning rag...
And they weren't even folded, just been crumpled and stuffed in the bag.

At least, the artwork is awesome.

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
« Reply #7 on: 30.08.2018, 07:59:49 »

I agree with the sentiment that the shirt size isn't as large as it's supposed to be, atleast for the 4xl I got.
Previous 4xl shirts were a bit loose fitting, this one is tight.

Although I really love the design, I doubt I'll be wearing this shirt much due to this.
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #8 on: 31.08.2018, 18:31:55 »

To be honest, when I saw the shirt being put in the bag, I thought it was a cleaning rag...
And they weren't even folded, just been crumpled and stuffed in the bag.

That's something I can clear up actually - normally, the print shop folds the shirts, puts them into an individual foil sachet and bundles them into packs of five after the print run. The delivery notice however said this year that this is an extra handling and processing step that wasn't in the order, so all the shirts came just as they had run off the machine, and of course they get crumpled up when you have 150 shirts flying around in one big cardboard box.

I don't know how that came to be, maybe because of the tight schedule or because of a change in companies, but it's something we should definitely have again next year.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Chari

« Reply #9 on: 13.01.2019, 16:23:15 »

I'm asking this in advance - maybe a conops can already answer this:
Will there be Unisex T-Shirts available this year with better quality like those from EF23 and before, or are they going to be male/female-fit, small, and thin again like last year (EF24)?
Ty
Pages: [1]   Go Up