Eurofurence Information > Feedback

registration feedback

<< < (2/5) > >>

Equinn:
Addendum:

It would probably make sense to make the lottery script respect the following priority list:

(0. Staff, this isn't really relevant as its not part of the lottery)
1. Suiters (obviously only proven suiters (photos) , not just "oh I'm a suiter!", and if somebody is caught cheating here, which would be obvious during the fursuit registration, that person would be banned from EF)
2. Artists/dealers who have a spot in the DD/etc
3. Everyone else

Suiters have the biggest need for the facilities in the Estrel (especially showers).

MartinRJ:
The "proven suiter" part is just impossible. There is no way to prove that, no way that EF could enforce that. Also a huge privacy violation.
Your other suggestions are very interesting.

Equinn:
Hay!

Well, even now when you register as a fursuiter you have to add a photo showing your suit, and those photos are individually, manually checked to my knowledge. So I see no issue/difference there. Also when you arrive you have to register your suit, where you actually need to present your mask at least (thus just putting in a random fursuit photo won't cut it). Of course every system can be played, but this one would take a bit of work (for example handing the same suit heads around, but that would be quite apparent to be honest...). So if someone who registered as a suiter would show up and be unable to present his suit, or otherwise found out to be cheating, that person would be banned at least for 2 years, which should be a big enough discouragement in my opinion.

LeonTheOriginal:

--- Quote from: Equinn on 20.01.2019, 21:00:21 ---It would probably make sense to make the lottery script respect the following priority list:

--- End quote ---
This would be the point, where the lottery isn't a lottery anymore.
Privileging staff seems fair (although it might be questionable if this is ok for - roughly estimated - something like 400 people), but prioritizing everything beyond that basically makes it nearly impossible for "normal" people to get a room as around 50% of the attendees are fursuiters/dealers/etc.

Almost every bigger event uses a first come, first serve system. I think, that this still is - if it works - probably the fairest system as it leaves at least some possibility to have an influence on the chance of "winning".

Hai λ:

--- Quote from: Equinn on 21.01.2019, 12:59:57 ---Well, even now when you register as a fursuiter [...]

--- End quote ---

Eurofurence is a furry convention, not a fursuiting convention. Fursuiting is just one of the many art forms present. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version