Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about fursuit lounge, lockers and handlers  (Read 5932 times)

Papaya_Llama

• Llama from space
    • My deviantart

Heyo, i'm a beginner fursuiter that will attend Eurofurence this year on my own. I have a couple of questions about the fursuit lounge, locker system, and handlers.

About the fursuit lounge:

I know it is a big room, but are there seperate changing rooms there? Since i have no room at the estrel, it would be neat if i could change from my regular clothes to my underarmor and fursuit with privacy.

About the lockers:

When i'm done for the day, do i have to go to security and simply ask for a locker for my fursuit/bags? Or do i just give security my stuff and let them put it somewhere safe where nobody can steal it?  And are the lockers big enough for a full fursuit?

Handlers:

Is a handler a must? I have no friends, but fursuiting at a furry convention seems lots of fun to me! (Even though i will be nervous as hell for the first time but i gotta push myself to have fun and be social for once) I know handlers keep you away from danger, but is eurofurence even that dangerous for a lone fursuiter?

I'm planning to spend my time getting to know the area of the convention first before suiting so i won't get lost n' stuff.

Thank you for reading! I'm pretty hyped for my first eurofurence honestly, but i wanna make sure what to expect so i can be fully prepared.

Dhary Montecore

Re: Questions about fursuit lounge, lockers and handlers
« Reply #1 on: 28.04.2019, 14:41:24 »

About the lockers:

When i'm done for the day, do i have to go to security and simply ask for a locker for my fursuit/bags? Or do i just give security my stuff and let them put it somewhere safe where nobody can steal it?  And are the lockers big enough for a full fursuit?

Hey there!

Yes, it's that simple: Before you leave the Estrel for the night you simply go to the security front desk and hand in your Fursuit. You can do so in a box, on a hanger or in a bag. After a quick ID check the security personnel will then store your suit in a well ventilated and 24/7 monitored and guarded area withing the security backoffices. The next day you simply come in again and pick up your suit at your convenience.

Handlers:

Is a handler a must? I have no friends, but fursuiting at a furry convention seems lots of fun to me! (Even though i will be nervous as hell for the first time but i gotta push myself to have fun and be social for once) I know handlers keep you away from danger, but is eurofurence even that dangerous for a lone fursuiter?

I'm planning to spend my time getting to know the area of the convention first before suiting so i won't get lost n' stuff.

No it's not. Eurofurence is one of the safest events you can attend. However it is highly recommended that you get used to moving around in your fursuit as any environment has its risks when your suit e.g. limits your vision or other senses. Walking around the area you want to suit in beforehand is a great idea.

Then again, it shouldn't take long at all to find friends and fellow suiters to help you out whenever needed. Nobody stays alone for long at EF, if they don't want to. :)

In the fursuit lounge you'll also find experienced fursuiters that staff the lounge and support suiters. You will also notice security officers roaming the entire convention at all times that will be able and delighted to assist you or answer your questions. Do not hesitate to say hi to fellow attendees and staffers.

Papaya_Llama

• Llama from space
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: 28.04.2019, 14:58:06 »

About the lockers:

Hey there!

Yes, it's that simple: Before you leave the Estrel for the night you simply go to the security front desk and hand in your Fursuit. You can do so in a box, on a hanger or in a bag. After a quick ID check the security personnel will then store your suit in a well ventilated and 24/7 monitored and guarded area withing the security backoffices. The next day you simply come in again and pick up your suit at your convenience.

Handlers:

No it's not. Eurofurence is one of the safest events you can attend. However it is highly recommended that you get used to moving around in your fursuit as any environment has its risks when your suit e.g. limits your vision or other senses. Walking around the area you want to suit in beforehand is a great idea.

Then again, it shouldn't take long at all to find friends and fellow suiters to help you out whenever needed. Nobody stays alone for long at EF, if they don't want to. :)

In the fursuit lounge you'll also find experienced fursuiters that staff the lounge and support suiters. You will also notice security officers roaming the entire convention at all times that will be able and delighted to assist you or answer your questions. Do not hesitate to say hi to fellow attendees and staffers.

Thank you so much, your answers made me feel much better! If i have more questions i'll make sure to ask people around the convention.

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #3 on: 28.04.2019, 15:59:22 »

We reserve a small area in the lounge as changing room for shy people.
You have to take your belonging out of there are changing of course, and place it somewhere else in the lounge.
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Papaya_Llama

• Llama from space
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: 28.04.2019, 22:05:34 »

We reserve a small area in the lounge as changing room for shy people.
You have to take your belonging out of there are changing of course, and place it somewhere else in the lounge.

That's very good to know, of course i'll bring my belongings with me at all times and i'll respect the space of the con and other attendees too. Thank you !   :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up