The Eurofurence Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 25 "Fractures in Time" - Estrel Hotel Berlin, August 14-18, 2019Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Traveling Suggestion needed for First time Foreign Fursuiter  (Read 172 times)

jodern

Hi, this is the first time I've travel to Germany.
I am from Asian country and also a fursuiter.

Unfortunately I can't get a room at Estrel, but I had secured a room at Grand Hostel Berlin Urban.

I'll be arriving at Aug 13th at TXL and departing at Aug 18th

I would like to get some advise on following matters:
1. the best way to get to the Grand Hostel Berlin Urban
2. How to go from Grand Hostel Berlin Urban to Estrel
3. Is suiting on public transport allowed? I might suit-up at hotel and then head to Estrel.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 29.07.2019, 12:52:32 by jodern »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch

1. according to  https://fahrinfo.bvg.de/: from Tegel Airport, take Bus X9 (direction "S+U Zoologischer Garten") to "U Jakob-Kaiser-Platz", from there take the subway U7 (direction U Rudow) to "U Hermannplatz".
2. to get from Hermannplatz to the Estrel take the M41 bus from stop "U Hermannplatz/Urbanstraße" to "Ziegrastraße"
3. I wouldn't recommend it. The M41 bus is often packed and has a larger than usual share of aggressive riders. We have a large fursuit lounge where you can change in and out of the fursuit as well has drying it on one of the dryer stations (think ski boot dryers just for fursuit parts), and our security team offers guarded over night storage of fursuits for guests staying at a different hotel.

For public transport I recommend a 7 day ticket for zone A-B (should be available at ticket machines, there should be one near or at the TXL bus stops). That ticket is 30 EUR, a single fare is 2.80 EUR.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Heather Alexander, Blood and Passion

jodern

Thanks for the information!!
I am much more comfortable armed with these information !
Pages: [1]   Go Up