Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather Forecasts for Next Week?  (Read 4293 times)

VulpesRex

Weather Forecasts for Next Week?
« on: 06.08.2019, 01:22:23 »

My Journey to EF will start from the Sacramento, California airport at 22:00 Saturday night, and finish in Berlin at Andel's sometime Monday afternoon - a lot of time in planes, airports, and at least one train ride, stuck wearing the same set of clothes.

Should I pack for really hot weather, or for more typical summertime temperatures?  Is the massive heatwave which we've heard about on the continent abated any; or if it has, is it likely to reoccur?

On a related subject - last year seemed to be "the Summer of the Wasps".  I encountered them everywhere, they seemed to get into the food display cases at bakeries and at restaurant counters in Frankfurt, Berlin, Nurnburg and Munchen.  Perhaps I just never noticed them in prior years.  Has anyone noticed a particular increase locally so far this summer?
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

meo

Re: Weather Forecasts for Next Week?
« Reply #1 on: 06.08.2019, 07:47:08 »

As for the temperatures at the moment: it is normally in the upper 20-30 °C ( 68-86°Fahrenheit) and they even say that there should be some mild rain. Be advised to bring a shot little travel umbrella with you, if you want to stay in the Estrel on the other hand please be still advised to wear light clothing as the Estrel is build like a green house and 30/86° outside can warm up the Estrel quite fast with all of us inside.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: Weather Forecasts for Next Week?
« Reply #3 on: 06.08.2019, 19:22:42 »

May I suggest two more reliable (at least compared to t-online.de or wetter.com) sources?

(And, ugh, who's bringing Pittsburgh weather to Berlin again?)
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion
Pages: [1]   Go Up