Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Time Vendor looking for advice?  (Read 5037 times)

camarofurry

First Time Vendor looking for advice?
« on: 06.11.2019, 21:01:55 »

Hi there,

I'm a potential vendor at EF 2020, and I know its a while away yet, but I wanted to ask something.
Because of regulations on international post in the UK and EU it is very difficult for me to bring supplies
with me, as I make fursuit sprays. 

Is it possible to mail supplies (say from Amazon DE for example,) to the convention center to hold for me
if I deliver the supplies on an appropriate day and time?  If not, could anyone suggest anything that might help?
Maybe I could have someone hold the supplies and bring them to the con with them, and pay them for the trouble? 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated ^^

Thanks so much.

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
Re: First Time Vendor looking for advice?
« Reply #1 on: 08.11.2019, 19:17:50 »

Are you flying or driving? Might be able to bring more that way than by posting.
More is more.

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #2 on: 27.11.2019, 01:04:24 »

If you want to bring a lot of stuff, I'd go to the transport sub-form and look at the UK Furball Run threads. You can probably transport a lot more that way in exchange for petrol, hotel costs, and a longer travel time.

Alternatively Eurostar can be just about price competative with some airline seats, if you're willing to wait and gamble the cheap outbound tickets are still available by the time the return tickets are available one week later.

You may find the following discussion on selling spray cans on ebay (and shipping them) useful:
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Archive-Seller-Central/UK-couriers-who-will-carry-aerosols/td-p/2842073
Some specialty ground-only services will take the cans, though you may pay a premium and/or have trouble coordinating a specific arrival date. As they say on that page, speak to customer services rather than use the generic web booking pages. Even if a specific company can't help you, they may be able to point you in the direction of a company that can help.

camarofurry

« Reply #3 on: 11.12.2019, 01:16:25 »

Hi there, thank you so much for your advice.
My issue is with the ingridents I'd need to bring.   The Isopropal Alchohol may cause issues with customs.

I can't drive unfortunetly, so from where I'm from it would be an 9 or 10 hour drive to the eurostar (longer on busses and trains, and both really expensive)
or a 1-2 hour flight to Berlin.

That's why I was thinking maybe it would be easier to pay someone to hold onto the materials and bring them from their house in Germany to the venue.
Or have them delivered to the venue itself.
Thinking it over, it might be easier to buy the items and have them delivered to my hotel the day before the con opens.  All of these issues seem to inconvience someone else
and make me feel bad just thinking about it. 

I'm not sure, I'll give it some thought, if you have any other ideas that be great! 

I'm so sorry again for my late reply, trying to start up a business and juggle Christmas preparations has kept me really busy. 
All the best,
Cammie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up