Eurofurence Community > General Discussion

Framing service - yes or no?

(1/2) > >>

Kris Husky:
Hello everyone,

For about a year now I have an idea stuck in my head.
I commissioned art a few years back. Traditional drawing. I had a problem with transporting it. Long story short: it slipped out of the sketchbook I placed it in and got all wrinkled. Took me several attempts to get the wrinkles out of the paper without damaging the picture.
I could have bought a frame. Yes. But the standard plastic frames are just boring. So I made a frame out of wood later at home. Last year upon looking at the framed picture I came up with the idea to offer a framing service at the EF. With handmade wooden frames.
Now the big question is: would any of you be interested such a service or handcrafted frames at all?

Token:
Hard to answer - you should provide pictures!

Cairyn:
Considering the weight of a wooden frame, this may be an issue for people traveling by plane.

Kris Husky:

--- Quote from: Cairyn on 02.01.2020, 13:21:59 ---Considering the weight of a wooden frame, this may be an issue for people traveling by plane.

--- End quote ---

That wouldn't be an issue. Wooden frames aren't that much heavier than then plastic ones.
Plus I would also use acrylic glas which is more durable while being light weighted.

Kris Husky:

--- Quote from: Token on 31.12.2019, 01:54:59 ---Hard to answer - you should provide pictures!

--- End quote ---

I will do in few. I am making some sample frames right now. For the visual input. Expect them within a month from now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version