Eurofurence Community > General Discussion

Framing service - yes or no?

<< < (2/2)

Cairyn:

--- Quote from: Kris Husky on 13.01.2020, 05:45:55 ---
--- Quote from: Cairyn on 02.01.2020, 13:21:59 ---Considering the weight of a wooden frame, this may be an issue for people traveling by plane.

--- End quote ---

That wouldn't be an issue. Wooden frames aren't that much heavier than then plastic ones.
Plus I would also use acrylic glas which is more durable while being light weighted.

--- End quote ---

As a plane traveler, the other option would not be a plastic frame - it's a cardboard tube and no frame at all. -- When I still flew, I once bought a framed picture on a US furry con. It was framed - in the end, I had to leave the glass altogether (glass in luggage == not good idea), and the frame got damaged because it had to go in the checked luggage. In retrospect, it was a stoopid idea and I shouldn't have bought the thing at all.

Note that I don't say you shouldn't - there may be sufficient demand for smaller frames (carry-on luggage) or from people coming by car, therefore not being under luggage restrictions. I just say that frames are fairly inconvenient on planes.

Kris Husky:

--- Quote from: Cairyn on 13.01.2020, 10:02:01 ---
--- Quote from: Kris Husky on 13.01.2020, 05:45:55 ---
--- Quote from: Cairyn on 02.01.2020, 13:21:59 ---Considering the weight of a wooden frame, this may be an issue for people traveling by plane.

--- End quote ---

That wouldn't be an issue. Wooden frames aren't that much heavier than then plastic ones.
Plus I would also use acrylic glas which is more durable while being light weighted.

--- End quote ---

As a plane traveler, the other option would not be a plastic frame - it's a cardboard tube and no frame at all. -- When I still flew, I once bought a framed picture on a US furry con. It was framed - in the end, I had to leave the glass altogether (glass in luggage == not good idea), and the frame got damaged because it had to go in the checked luggage. In retrospect, it was a stoopid idea and I shouldn't have bought the thing at all.

Note that I don't say you shouldn't - there may be sufficient demand for smaller frames (carry-on luggage) or from people coming by car, therefore not being under luggage restrictions. I just say that frames are fairly inconvenient on planes.

--- End quote ---

I had the same trouble with the glass. I bought a picture at the Art Auction with a plastic frame and a thin glass panel. All went well or so I thought. I still find glass pieces in the suitcase.
That's why it would have acrylic glass instead of real glass. :)

I will still look for even more durable alternatives to glass and acrylic as that is my biggest concern.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version