Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vienna House Andel's - is there a Con rate/group code discount?  (Read 3765 times)

VulpesRex

While I found the hotel registration process to be smooth going this year, I once again failed to get a reservation at the Estrel (honestly - they registered my email 1 minute after opening, and it still wasn't quick enough...), so I will be lodging - once again - at the excellent Vienna House Andel's Berlin on Landsbergerallee, just a 12-minute ride on the U-bahn.

I see that the EF26 webpage - "Welcome to Tortuga" - lists Andel's as the official preferred overflow hotel, and even warns that while other lodgings (some closer to the Estrel) are aware of the convention, they have no contractual or other connection with our convention.

IS there such a deal with Andel's?  Is there a convention room rate, and if so, is there a group code to enter into their reservation page?

For those needing an alternative to the Estrel, I can recommend the Vienna House; it is a largish, modern hotel, primarily used by tour groups and for business events such as training seminars and large staff symposiums and such, but it has never felt crowded... except for breakfast, and the crowd ebbs and flows throughout the morning.  The breakfast buffet offerings are on par with the Estrel.

The Andel's website lists 3 hotel restaurants, but I've only been to one - Maverick's, a California Surfer-themed restaurant on the ground floor.  The food is good but hotel-pricey (and having lived and worked along the stretch of California coast where this place is set, I can assure you that this is NOT what California surfers - or tourists - eat).

There is a Burger King on the opposing corner from the hotel, and a frequent tram just outside the hotel lobby which goes into downtown Berlin (Alexanderplatz), and plenty of places to dine downtown, though I usually dine at the Estrel before returning for the night or stop at one of the intermediate stations and eat "street food" (Doner Kabob, pizza, bratwurst, etc) from food stalls adjacent to some of the S-Bahn stations.
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up