Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ich komme aus US (aka: first time in a con and very shy)  (Read 11789 times)

RemiDeRenard

Servus/Hello everyone,

Name's Remi and, like everyone posting in this part of the forums, I too am very interested in attending Eurofurence 2020! A quick note about myself, I'm a 29 y/o *lad* hailing from the states and would like to attend Eurofurence as I have intent to travel to Germany both for leisure and for work-related matters (while also visiting a few other countries in the process) and would like to say that this is my very first con (or for that matter anything that is remotely furry related in real life). I am also very new to the community, despite indulging in the anthromorphic arts for a *very* long time, and admit that I'm very new to the fandom in general. I'm something of an artist but am hesitant to really consider myself one since I'm still a beginner.

As I have mentioned, I would really love to come to Eurofurence, but the one problem I have is that I'm extremely shy and have some social anxiety, especially since I have never been to an event solo on this scale, let alone on the other side of the world. I think this is a relatively common thing for newcomers to have to deal with but I would really love to get some advice on how to meet new people and mingle with other furs at Eurofurence, as my fear is that I will be alone throughout the entire con without having meet someone (I'm also kind of interested in meeting someone special perhaps, but this is just wishful thinking, haha ;)). I know, this isn't something that can be answered so easily on these boards, but I would like to ask to get some advice and suggestions, as it is my first time attending this or any convention for that matter... after all, everyone was a newbie at some point!

*Note: I couldn't help writing up a bit in Deutsch; after all, the con is in Berlin, haha (I'm learning thanks to a discord buddy and some classes ;))

gummi_bjorn

• Video Team
    • my fa
Re: Ich komme aus US (aka: first time in a con and very shy)
« Reply #1 on: 21.02.2020, 21:04:28 »

hello my friend, good choice coming to EF. it was my first furry anything years back.
come find me at the bar, i'm the fat danish bear under the black hat.
ask the bar staff for gummibjorn they know me.
i'm gentle and easy to get to know, and so are a lot of my friends that you will meet at the bar area.
i'm sure this will give you a nice easy way into knowing more people there, as i have many friends from all over!
i hope to see you there, and good luck. <3

RemiDeRenard

« Reply #2 on: 24.02.2020, 08:59:31 »

Apologies for the late response, but thank you for the invitation! I will be sure to keep an eye out for you at the bar! :D

gummi_bjorn

• Video Team
    • my fa
« Reply #3 on: 26.02.2020, 20:49:28 »

i'm looking forward to meeting you, and hopefully gaining a new friend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up