Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refund Question  (Read 5835 times)

makogrey

Refund Question
« on: 19.04.2020, 02:54:24 »

Due to the virus all flight leaving from Canada to Berlin have been officially cancelled till the fall. Is there anyway I can get a refund or a rollover on my membership till the following year? I also bought a ticket for the boat party the night before hand that I'm also wondering about.

silverfoxwolf

• Video Team
  • SFW
    • Silverfoxwolf
Re: Refund Question
« Reply #1 on: 01.05.2020, 00:18:27 »

The announcement in this section should help with the questions you've got https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,8940.0.html
More is more.

furtech

• Pawpet Show
« Reply #2 on: 04.05.2020, 01:17:14 »

I am not sure how donations and taxes work in the EU, but is EF a registered charitable organization? If yes, and someone donates their membership, could they get a donation receipt?

Since I'm in the USA, I can't deduct it, but I'll still donate it since I've already considered it "money spent" and you guys have done amazing things over the years. Happy to give back.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #3 on: 04.05.2020, 19:10:02 »

I am not sure how donations and taxes work in the EU, but is EF a registered charitable organization? If yes, and someone donates their membership, could they get a donation receipt?

Since I'm in the USA, I can't deduct it, but I'll still donate it since I've already considered it "money spent" and you guys have done amazing things over the years. Happy to give back.

Thank you for considering a donation.

But, sorry, nope, EF is not a charitable organisation. There's just too much red tape to cut.

The Cheetah Protection Foundation (our charity) is, though.

I wouldn't be too sure about not being able to deduct a donation to a foreign charity. German tax authorities had no problem accepting the receipt from the Snowleopards Fund, which I've been donating to for a long time now...
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pages: [1]   Go Up