Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COVID-19: The EF26 Charity Needs Our Help!  (Read 6945 times)

Bariki

• The Daily Eurofurence Writer
  • The Daily Eurofurence
  • Social Media Department Staffer
    • Twitter
COVID-19: The EF26 Charity Needs Our Help!
« on: 29.03.2020, 20:37:53 »

Hello everyone,

The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic is seriously threatening our chosen charity for this year, the Cheetah Preservation Foundation (https://www.cango.co.za/cheetahpreservationfoundation/). With their country in lockdown, the CPF is in dire need of funds, their income slashed by the crisis. They are desperate for help. All our help.

To this end, we have started a GoFundMe campaign (this is now closed) to help raise money to meet our charity’s immediate needs before they are forced to make difficult and unpleasant choices. We chose GoFundMe because it is quick, easy and simple to use by virtually everyone in the world. Please, please share this link with your friends and family so that we can get urgently needed help to some of the innocent victims of this crisis who can’t help themselves.

We know that times are tough for all of us right now, but we ask that you give whatever you can spare to help our charity through this crisis. Every donation will make a difference. You don’t even have to give cash right now. Got a talent for art? Can you make a must-have fursuit? We’ll accept the proceeds from sales of your incredible and varied talents if you are willing to donate your time and effort to help us out. We’ll also give shoutouts for folks that go out of their way to be creative in their giving. ;)

If you have any questions, or if you would like to help out with this campaign, please feel free to reach out to me or email charity@eurofurence.org. If you aren’t sure if this is fake or not, ask Cheetah. It’s real. ^)^

Thanks for being what make this fandom great,
~Bariki
« Last Edit: 04.05.2020, 01:53:02 by Bariki »
Need help drafting, editing or proofing English language material for EF? I’m happy to help!

All departments and content types are welcome.

Telegram: @bariki
Twitter: @barikizeeba

Bariki

• The Daily Eurofurence
    • Twitter
Re: COVID-19: The EF26 Charity Needs Our Help!
« Reply #1 on: 01.05.2020, 05:07:09 »

Save The Cheetahs - Update

Phew! And we are done! Thanks to you and our matchgiving partners, we raised $8225.02 via GoFundMe (after fees) and another $7770 in matchgiving (after fees). This gives us a grand total of:

$15,993.02!

Thank you so much for your generosity and your kindness. Two things that make this fandom great. ^^
Need help drafting, editing or proofing English language material for EF? I’m happy to help!

MartinRJ

• Forum Virtuelle Welten
« Reply #2 on: 04.05.2020, 00:21:32 »

Since I still wanted to donate, but the above link didn't work, I want to spare everyone who has the same trouble the digging for the right one.
So here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-our-wildlife-centre-and-fight-covid19

Btw. maybe someone can tell them that their 'Donate' button on their website is broken.  :-\

Bariki

• The Daily Eurofurence
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 04.05.2020, 01:54:31 »

Since I still wanted to donate, but the above link didn't work, I want to spare everyone who has the same trouble the digging for the right one.
So here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-our-wildlife-centre-and-fight-covid19

Btw. maybe someone can tell them that their 'Donate' button on their website is broken.  :-\

Thank you! Yes, you can still donate but the 1:1 matching campaign is now over.

I'll gladly pass on your note that their 'Donate' button on their own website doesn't work. Could you give me the link to the specific page you had trouble with? It seems to work fine through their home page 'Donations' button.
« Last Edit: 04.05.2020, 01:57:31 by Bariki »

MartinRJ

• Forum Virtuelle Welten
« Reply #4 on: 04.05.2020, 04:52:32 »

I'll gladly pass on your note that their 'Donate' button on their own website doesn't work. Could you give me the link to the specific page you had trouble with? It seems to work fine through their home page 'Donations' button.
https://www.cango.co.za/pages/contributions/
Pages: [1]   Go Up