Eurofurence Information > Questions & Answers

Refund Question

(1/1)

makogrey:
Due to the virus all flight leaving from Canada to Berlin have been officially cancelled till the fall. Is there anyway I can get a refund or a rollover on my membership till the following year? I also bought a ticket for the boat party the night before hand that I'm also wondering about.

silverfoxwolf:
The announcement in this section should help with the questions you've got https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,8940.0.html

furtech:
I am not sure how donations and taxes work in the EU, but is EF a registered charitable organization? If yes, and someone donates their membership, could they get a donation receipt?

Since I'm in the USA, I can't deduct it, but I'll still donate it since I've already considered it "money spent" and you guys have done amazing things over the years. Happy to give back.

Jumpy:

--- Quote from: furtech on 04.05.2020, 01:17:14 ---I am not sure how donations and taxes work in the EU, but is EF a registered charitable organization? If yes, and someone donates their membership, could they get a donation receipt?

Since I'm in the USA, I can't deduct it, but I'll still donate it since I've already considered it "money spent" and you guys have done amazing things over the years. Happy to give back.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for considering a donation.

But, sorry, nope, EF is not a charitable organisation. There's just too much red tape to cut.

The Cheetah Protection Foundation (our charity) is, though.

I wouldn't be too sure about not being able to deduct a donation to a foreign charity. German tax authorities had no problem accepting the receipt from the Snowleopards Fund, which I've been donating to for a long time now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version