Estrel Congress Center Berlin
July 28 – August 1, 2021
Follow eurofurence on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cash?  (Read 111 times)

Iron Wing

Cash?
« on: 20.11.2020, 00:26:34 »

So hopefully covid will be over and done with early next year and EF can happen as normal. If it does I'm curious how much cash I should bring,  in my research it seems like Berlin prefers cash over cards so I want to have an idea of what is a reasonable amount to bring.

Zestence

Re: Cash?
« Reply #1 on: 20.11.2020, 01:37:05 »

Hard question to answer, depends on your individual spending habits. Berlin is fairly cheap on European standards, might be even cheaper than the states when it comes to food and stuff.

Real answer here is to get yourself a chip and PIN credit card that works in Europe so you can use ATMs, better than having loads of cash on you when you travel.

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
Re: Cash?
« Reply #2 on: 20.11.2020, 02:08:46 »

So hopefully covid will be over and done with early next year and EF can happen as normal. If it does I'm curious how much cash I should bring,  in my research it seems like Berlin prefers cash over cards so I want to have an idea of what is a reasonable amount to bring.
Depends on how long you're staying, how often you eat out, and how much you want to spend in the dealer's den. And whether you plan to stay beyond EF to do some touristy things in Berlin.

Though I've never had any trouble paying with a (UK) debit card. Chip and PIN and contactless are very common in the parts of the city I've visited. If you stay near the main hotel (and it's satellites) then you should be safe. The locals may not know or care much about our hobby, but the business have certainly noticed that collectively we're 'big spenders', and would like to make it as easy as possibly for us to spend our money with them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up