Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COVID-19 related requirements/restrictions  (Read 5099 times)

Kuma

• Sometimes a tanuki, always a bear.
    • Kodiak Moments
COVID-19 related requirements/restrictions
« on: 04.07.2022, 12:51:22 »

What is the current status regarding the COVID-19 related requirements and restrictions mentioned on the registration site, especially with regard to the required antigen test?

We want you to have a great time at Eurofurence, while ensuring your health and safety. This means you will have to meet a few requirements, which are based on government regulations and our risk assessment as of January, 2022. These requirement may be eased or dropped in the future, when the pandemic situation improves.
  • A valid certificate of a full vaccination against COVID-19 with an EU approved vaccine must be presented on site at check-in. The definition of what constitutes a "full vacination" is subject to change by both local and federal authorities based on the current state of science.
  • A mask (FFP2 / N95 / KN95 or better) will have to be worn in public spaces.
  • A certified antigen test not older than 24 hours or PCR test not older than 48 hours will be required on site at check-in.

Dingo

• Executive Security Officer
  • Convention Security Director
Re: COVID-19 related requirements/restrictions
« Reply #1 on: 06.07.2022, 23:47:50 »

Dear Kuma,

thank you for your inquiry in regards to attending the Eurofurence e.V. Convention Eurofurence 26 - "Welcome to Tortuga - On the High Seas".

As stated during the registration process requirements regarding the COVID-19 mask and test mandate may be eased or dropped, depending on the pandemic situation, on government regulations, and our risk assessment at the time of the start of the Convention so we can not make any final statements regarding this topic at this time.

For all other questions about vaccination, tests and mask mandate, please refer to our FAQ at help.eurofurence.org/faq/topic/COVID-19.

We hope this information is of help to you,

------------------------------------------------------

zunächst möchten wir uns für deine Anfrage bezüglich Teilnahme an den Veranstaltungen des Eurofurence e.V. bedanken.

Wie bereits bei der Teilnehmerregistrierung ersichtlich, können die Regelungen zu COVID-19 in Bezug auf Maskenpflicht und Testplicht zum Zeitpunkt der Veranstaltung gegebenenfalls erleichtert werden oder entfallen, wenn die allgemeine Pandemie-Lage, die zu diesem Zeitpunkt gültigen gesetzlichen Regelungen sowie unsere eigene Sicherheitseinschätzung dies erlauben. Zur Zeit können wir hierüber jedoch keine finale Aussage treffen.

Für alle anderen Fragen haben wir Antworten innerhalb unserer FAQ unter help.eurofurence.org/faq/topic/COVID-19 zusammengestellt.

Wir hoffen, wir konnten dir mit deiner Anfrage helfen,

Yours kindly,

Dingo
Eurofurence Security Director
security@eurofurence.org

Kuma

• Kodiak Moments
« Reply #2 on: 09.07.2022, 19:01:14 »

Hi Dingo,

Thanks for the clarification. I was asking because testing is no longer required in the Netherlands and as such testing locations have been closed since end of March. I'll check for available testing locations in Berlin so we can get tested on arrival.

Kuma

• Kodiak Moments
« Reply #3 on: 11.07.2022, 14:05:14 »

Apparently the Estrel has an on-site testing facility:

https://testzentrum.estrel.com/en/
« Last Edit: 11.07.2022, 14:08:31 by Kuma »

Suicune

• Rawr!
    • RNG Plays Pokémon
« Reply #4 on: 12.07.2022, 06:23:17 »

Sadly tests are no free anymore in Berlin except you are vulnerable or want to visit someone in a hospital or something like that <_<

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #5 on: 13.07.2022, 20:22:55 »

Sadly tests are no free anymore in Berlin except you are vulnerable or want to visit someone in a hospital or something like that <_<

"They are free for a EUR 3 fee" for residents in Germany if you have a reason to get tested, like attending a large event. However, there seems to be some confusion what type of event is covered, and apparently the states as well as test stations are currently handling this differently. At least there's is some time left for the dust to settle... We'll post an update on our Covid-19 policies when we're closer to the convention.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Kuma

• Kodiak Moments
« Reply #6 on: 25.07.2022, 19:01:17 »

As a general FYI for anyone reading here, the topics have recently been addressed in the FAQ:
https://help.eurofurence.org/faq

TL;DR at the moment of writing:
- Vaccination proof required;
- PCR/antigen test not required;
- Masks mandatory for designated areas, encouraged elsewhere; not required when in fursuit.

NightHawk

« Reply #7 on: 26.07.2022, 07:03:29 »

Wich areas have masks mandates and wich are on a suggestion base?

Specifically, what about:
- Lobby
- Main Stage
- Fursuit lounge (out of suit)
- Biergarten
« Last Edit: 27.07.2022, 12:13:42 by NightHawk »

NightHawk

« Reply #8 on: 28.07.2022, 11:19:37 »

anyone?

Dingo

« Reply #9 on: 29.07.2022, 02:14:19 »

Hello there,

the (indoor) areas with a mask mandate will be announced at a later time. They will also be clearly marked at the respective doors and in the Eurofurence App Event plan as soon as it becomes available.

Greetings,

Dingo

NightHawk

« Reply #10 on: 29.07.2022, 04:28:18 »

Ok. I just hope it'll be announced before the hotel cancellation deadline comes up. (72 hr before arrival)

Before people get this the wrong way:

I DO understand the desire to provide a save convention for everyone and I do understand how masks can help achieve just that.

This is purely a personal thing for me. Eurofurence has always been my main vacation I looked forward too. The one time I can truly relax and get away from the daily routine of life.
If mask mandates are just for the smaller panel rooms, that would be totally fine and understandable for me. That's where I expect them to be anyway. But if I'm constantly reminded of covid throughout the Hotel (Lobby, main stage), I cannot "let myself go" and enjoy the stay. The same reason I would never visit Eurofurence without a room at the Estrel. I want to get as far away from any sort of stress as possible for the few days.

It would be a shame, but if it's "too much" for me,  i'd rather then go on a themepark vacation.

« Last Edit: 29.07.2022, 11:18:52 by NightHawk »

Cifer

« Reply #11 on: 30.07.2022, 11:18:40 »

Yeah, unfortunately the choices are "everyone gets reminded Covid exists during the con" and "a whole lot of people and their relatives and loved ones get reminded Covid exists in the weeks and possibly months after the con". Every German convention this year has led to outbreaks since mask mandates were dropped and I hope Eurofurence does the sensible thing and makes as many public indoor spaces mask-only as possible.

NightHawk

« Reply #12 on: 30.07.2022, 11:34:01 »

Fair enough. Though it's doubtfull covid will ever "not exist" in our lifetimes.
Maybe EF 2023 will not require any measures anymore. Though i highly doubt it.

Welp, just give us enough time to react.
« Last Edit: 30.07.2022, 12:16:37 by NightHawk »

Dingo

« Reply #13 on: 31.07.2022, 22:38:10 »

Hey there,

as already stated in today's eMail to all attendees, (as of now) there will be a mask mandate in the following rooms:

Dealers' Den
Art Show
Art Auction
Registration (Queue and room Paris/Lyon)

We strongly suggest wearing face masks in all indoor areas of the hotel.

This list can be extended prior the convention as well as during the convention, based on risk assessments.

------------------------------------------------------

Hallo zusammen,

wie auch der heutigen eMail an alle Teilnehmer zu entnehmen ist, wird (zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt) eine vollständige Maskenpflicht in folgenden Räumen bestehen:

Dealers' Den
Art Show
Art Auction
Registration (Warteschlange und Raum Paris/Lyon)

In allen anderen Räumen des Hotels gilt eine dringende Empfehlung zum Tragen von Mund-Nasen-Masken.

Diese Liste kann sich vor der Veranstaltung und auch während der Veranstaltung, basierend auf den jeweiligen Risikoeinschätzungen, jedoch erweitern.

Greetings,

Dingo
« Last Edit: 31.07.2022, 23:04:17 by Dingo »

NightHawk

« Reply #14 on: 01.08.2022, 04:41:58 »

Oh well that's perfectly fine to me. I did expect a mask mandates for all the small panel rooms. I'm kinda surprised that isn't the case (yet)
Pages: [1]   Go Up