Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF27 feedback  (Read 2217 times)

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
EF27 feedback
« on: 14.09.2023, 21:24:17 »

First off, congratulations to the con staff for pulling together any convention at all after [censored by the FIA] caused previous arrangements to fall apart.
Also, thank you to the medics you helped me with a mild case of dehydration during the convention.

The CCH certainly gives the impression of being newer and more purpose built site than the Estrel. The open plan allows for much easier movement, and no longer are we two very close convention sites seperated by a single double door. The general location is also (sorry Sonnenallee) quite a bit cleaner than the neighbourhood around the Estrel. And while I'll miss the old restaurants I used to regularly go to, there are lots of new food places to explore nearby. And we have a garden we can go for a fursuit walk in. Hopefully the site manager on stage at the closing cerimony can also fix the weather for next year. ;)

On the downside, everything being much closer together, and that same open plan, sound management is more of an issue than in prior years. With loud music coming from the the entrance lobby, and the hall 3+H foyer, and hall 4, and the courtyard outside... There were times (particularly at night) when there was nowhere publically available that was reliably quiet. A notable examples was someone running some kind of DJ event in the 3+H Foyer during the last hour or so of Demonhunters, which didn't really improve the latter. This is an aspect where the Estral's longer more stretched out layout (single double door and all) was more advantageous.

At the same time, Los Angeles was also bursting at the seams during the e621 Game Show, and the artists lounge has shrunk considerably this year. More space in the Dealers Den is always good. The ideal solution would be more function space, and also more widely seperated function space, but if wishes were horses...  Hopefully in future years we can expand into the last three sections of Hall H, and also maybe Foyer A-C, or Hall X.

The EF homepage and forum show EF 27 as running from 3rd to 7th of September. Con book and app list events happening from the 2nd to 6th of September.
I appreciate there waa an actual event happening on the 2nd, and the 7th was basically just a packup day, but the latter has always been listed in the conbook and app before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up