Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dollar exchange rate  (Read 9594 times)

Dhary Montecore

Dollar exchange rate
« on: 28.06.2008, 22:14:03 »

Hi,

I want to buy a few comics at eurofurence which are originally sold in US dollar.

Since the dollar-euro exchange rate is rather low I wondered what effects that'll
have at the prices of such stuff.

For example: A comic that is originally sold for 25 US$. What will it cost at eurofurence?
Or is there a fixed exchange rate for the DealersDen?

Thanks,

Dhary

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Re: Dollar exchange rate
« Reply #1 on: 29.06.2008, 00:12:39 »

I've pondered a bit whether this really is in need of a reply, but given that it's coming from you, I might assume it's a serious question after all....

...the dealer may of course sell their goods for any price they like. In fact, they don't even have to care what the price on the cover says, as it's totally irrelevant for foreign goods.

So that $25 book could be €10 or €20 or €200. What about *asking* for a price?  ::)
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

draconigen

• Webmaster
  • Website Team
« Reply #2 on: 29.06.2008, 01:15:03 »

When the original price was $25, then the price at Dealer's Den would most likely be 25€. I guess this makes some sense to make up for shipping and transport.

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #3 on: 29.06.2008, 02:06:23 »

Thanks draconigen! I just asked the reseller of my desired item. Due to the exchange rate it'll cost 15-20 € (originally it was 25 US$).

from doco:
I've pondered a bit whether this really is in need of a reply,

Since it's you I'd really appreciate if you would decide not to reply. Thanks :)

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #4 on: 29.06.2008, 02:25:55 »

Thanks draconigen! I just asked the reseller of my desired item. Due to the exchange rate it'll cost 15-20 € (originally it was 25 US$).

from doco:
I've pondered a bit whether this really is in need of a reply,

Since it's you I'd really appreciate if you would decide not to reply. Thanks :)

*bows*

You're welcome. Please see my sig.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 29.06.2008, 03:23:27 »

As it was said before ... it's entirely up to the individual dealers to either lower their prices or to increase their profit margin. Since pretty much everyone I know who imports stuff from the US is usually making a very marginal profit or even a loss, I certainly wouldn't blame them for taking advantage of the situation.
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up