Eurofurence Information > Feedback

various feedback

(1/4) > >>

Fafnir Kristensen:
everything said here reflect my own opinion, I tried to be objective as much as possible but some of my comment may hurt some feeling, I apologies beforehand if thats the case. 

pro:
(almost) in time all the time!!!!!!
that was superawesome, really, it was almost getting a sort of german feeling ^_^

I wasnt there last year so I discovered the new hotel this year, I dont know who got the idea of the disco ball but that was adding a really amazing and unique feeling to the whole place. if you tell me who he/she is I will buy him/her a beer next year. also the standee and the huge dragon and illustrated banners were great.

thanks for the improvised fursuite parade on sunday.

thanks for all the hard work of all the people making this event possible.
I dont think I can really grasp the full extend of everything thats being done to put everything together but it is must be simply overwhelming.
great great thank you to every people involved.

I hope the guy who got hurt trying to fix the sound (?) console after the beer incident is better. a really big kudo to him to finishing to fix it after what happened, respect.

con:
the Fursuit Friendly Dance way very very very disappointing. I went a few time but the music didnt really make me want to stay, and from what many of my fursuiter friends told me, it was the same for them.
I would be interested to know how DJ Kenai does his mix choice? did he talk to fursuiter to ask them the kind of music they like to dance on? if yes maybe he should enlarge the set of fursuiter he ask.
dont get me wrong, Im grateful to DJ Kenai to take time and energy to mix, as it does add to the entertainment of the whole convention, Im just saying it may be improved.
also, please, I know it may be annoying to stay put on the light mix table, but dont get drunk. too much smoke and strob dont get well when you are in a fursuite (also reported by my friends fursuiters).

putting the Fursuit Group Photo and Parade the "morning" after the Fursuit Friendly Dance means many fursuiter didnt go to the dance to not be too tired and be able to wake up and participate to the Photo and Parade.

also, I know it is simply impossible to foresee the meteo when the con planing is set, but if it's raining like that, cant the Parade be shifted to another moment in the day or some other day?

as far as I know, there was no open-ended event on friday evening.
I know this may have caused some problem with security, but ambiance in the improvised party on the balcony in the hotel lobby was quite fun. (thanks security to have played smooth with it)

other:
just a feeling but maybe putting the art auction on saturday means people were less stressed/tired and hence less prompt to bid, meaning also fewer and lower bids. it ended also quite quickly (though this may also bee caused by lesser artpieces getting auctioned due to the difficult economical situation and such)
but then, maybe Oncle Kage appreciated he could attend his next panel without being late ;)

42: ELEVATORS ARE EVIL!!!!! EVERYWHERE !!!!!

karpour:
I'm sorry the fursuit friendly dance didn't comply with your personal music taste, but in general I heard noone complaining about anything. I found the dance was perfect for fursuiters, with cheesy and not-too-fast bouncy music. Also the dancefloor was very full which leads to my conclusion that a lot of people have enjoyed it :)
I think Kenai did a great job and I'm looking forward to the next fursuit dance :D

Fafnir Kristensen:
the dancefloor was very far from being full everytime I went to give it another try, but maybe I just missed it

Thygrrr:
An important fact is: You don't have to go to the dances, obviously.

I think here's what it all boils down to:

* the average furs go to dances a couple of times a year
* the average DJ produces music much more frequently
* DJ's taste and sophistication in music evolves much more rapidly, together with their scene
* other furs stay in the past with their tastes for much longer, meaning they can't appreciate the newer stuff the DJ's play
(removed some statements about style choice because they could spark an unwanted discussion... sowwy, Cheetah)

Cheetah:
Okay ... I really hate to say it, but I will allow feedback about everything, but NO DISCUSSION ABOUT MUSICIAL STYLES.

The attendance of the dances was comparable to what we had last year, and it was the same style of music that has worked countless times at other occasions with a comparable audience.

I can understand that there are people out there who don't like this kind of music. But we won't be able to change that. Our DJs have more than 10 years of experience in furry club dances and furry convention dances. They are getting very immediate feedback from the crowd on the floor. They know what they are doing. The only choice they have is to try and find the lowest common denominator, and I'm afraid ... for some that might turn out just too low - unavoidable law of statistics.

I will lock all discussions about musicial preferences from now on ... because it is really pointless to publicly argue about whose musicial taste is to be considered canon and whose isn't. We've had this discussion since we're having dances, and it never lead to any useful insights on any side.

Feel free to privately send our DJs an email what your likes and dislikes were.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version