Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Fursuit Lounge (EF18)

<< < (9/12) > >>

Jake R:

--- Quote from: Gero on 06.09.2012, 10:41:40 ---
--- Quote from: Jake R on 06.09.2012, 01:04:59 ---
As for reducing waste: I have been thinking of placing some quick-drying, non-staining black markers in the fursuit lounge so people could mark their cups. Then, one proper cleaning every night / morning to throw out ALL the cups, and only throw out the unmarked used cups during regular sweeps through the lounge. Maybe place some tables away from the airstreams just for cups, so the cups won't get caught behind the blowers or blown away. Can anyone see any serious problems with this? Maybe someone has something to add?

--- End quote ---
The problem would be the the risk off getting suits marked with black (or whatever the collors is) paint at unwanted spots, so yes, maybe not such an neat idea after all...

--- End quote ---

That is why I specified quick-drying non-staining markers. To prevent accidents they should probably be linked to the tables (wires + duct tape, anyone?) with the marked cups on them, out of the airstream, as I mentioned earlier. If you're afraid of getting marker on your suit, simply don't go there in suit =3 This would require such a table to be placed in the fursuit lounge somewhere though, and this is not a decision I can make.

If anybody has any other remarks, please let me know! I'm sure the furry hivemind can come up with the perfect solution sooner or later =)

Furvan:
I dont think that these little extra trash by thin plastic cups earn the possible trouble of handling around with permanent markers.
I have to confess i done less FL checks as i planned by circumstances, but every time i cleaned every ownerless looking or grounded or skipped cup away.
Also because this was mostly at very early or very late time, where the FL was quite less visited or deserted.

Ready to use filled cups are very good and more a very need in rush hours like around the parade,
because much poeple need water NOW!,
but all other times i personaly feel better if i had filled the cup by myself or know its fresh filled.

Jake R:

--- Quote from: Furvan on 06.09.2012, 16:20:53 ---Ready to use filled cups are very good and more a very need in rush hours like around the parade,
because much poeple need water NOW!,
but all other times i personaly feel better if i had filled the cup by myself or know its fresh filled.

--- End quote ---

A valid point and an opinion shared by many, so I feel I should share my observations on this:

I was personally also afraid I would waste a lot of drinks and cups by pouring too many cups at once. However, I only had to throw out a very small amount of cups (10-20, maybe?) that stood there and were never used out of the many hundreds that I filled and put down. To put that in perspective, I probably threw out more water (etc.) from half-drank cups that were littering all over the place, so overall I'd say that's not too shabby. Seeing as at certain points in time the filled cups literally disappeared faster than I could replace them, then minutes later newly poured cups just stood there and weren't taken for 2 hours or longer, it is extremely hard for me to guess when to add more filled cups. The best I can do is pour more cups of whatever is taken more of (Eurofurence Green) than what is more often ignored (non-ice water, closely followed by iced water) and see what happens. I just know that as long as I receive more "thank you"'s than I have to throw out cups nobody touches, I'll continue doing this. =)

In case anyone is still wondering: it is not mandatory to use the filled cups, or to use the single clean cups I placed on the table upside down for pouring your own drink. You can always grab a cup from a roll and pour a drink yourself. The filled cups are merely there as an extra service, mainly for those in a rush and those who have trouble pouring their own cups with furpaws on. Oh, and if you happen to see me around while in fursuit and want another drink, I will gladly refill a cup you already have to cut down on used cups. Never be afraid to ask - the staff is there to help, and unless you ask them, they won't bite (hard)!

Chi-Yu:

--- Quote from: Jake R on 04.09.2012, 02:29:25 ---If you didn't notice (which is nothing to be ashamed of, as it wasn't announced or written down anywhere), any good tips on how to improve this? Keep in mind, we don't want heads to roll during the opening ceremonies again next year, and it's not of big importance, so announcing it there is not really an option. And I am also not sure if making a sign would work: if you walk straight past 30 cups filled with bright green, would you read some text? =3
--- End quote ---
Text? This is the furry fandom. We have tons of artists. Let someone draw a picture which says more than 1000 words.

Jake R:

--- Quote from: Chi-Yu on 06.09.2012, 18:55:18 ---
--- Quote from: Jake R on 04.09.2012, 02:29:25 ---If you didn't notice (which is nothing to be ashamed of, as it wasn't announced or written down anywhere), any good tips on how to improve this? Keep in mind, we don't want heads to roll during the opening ceremonies again next year, and it's not of big importance, so announcing it there is not really an option. And I am also not sure if making a sign would work: if you walk straight past 30 cups filled with bright green, would you read some text? =3
--- End quote ---
Text? This is the furry fandom. We have tons of artists. Let someone draw a picture which says more than 1000 words.

--- End quote ---

... that's... actually not such a bad idea, really. I just need to know what should be in the picture(s). =D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version