Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Fursuit Lounge (EF18)

<< < (8/12) > >>

Gero:

--- Quote from: Jake R on 06.09.2012, 01:04:59 ---
As for reducing waste: I have been thinking of placing some quick-drying, non-staining black markers in the fursuit lounge so people could mark their cups. Then, one proper cleaning every night / morning to throw out ALL the cups, and only throw out the unmarked used cups during regular sweeps through the lounge. Maybe place some tables away from the airstreams just for cups, so the cups won't get caught behind the blowers or blown away. Can anyone see any serious problems with this? Maybe someone has something to add?

--- End quote ---
The problem would be the the risk off getting suits marked with black (or whatever the collors is) paint at unwanted spots, so yes, maybe not such an neat idea after all...

krakendwaggin:

--- Quote from: Tekumseh on 06.09.2012, 10:26:54 ---Guard-Posts Actually we guarded the lounge only part time, since it actually costs a lot of manpower: one slot is one hour, two seccies per slot, 4 days (3 whole days, wed + sun as half day) -> 192 slots during the con - to give you a feeling what this number means: that would be around 2/3 of all other slot during the whole con! So yes - basicly anyone can walk in and there is not much we can do about it - even more so during dances, when there is easy access through the stage.

--- End quote ---

Ahh, fair enough, I will still say the security team are a awesome bunch of guys ^_^

Wawik:
Get a slow-moving belt to put the heads on.

Put this at the end of the belt.

Problem solved.  ;D

Atalon:
Hi Folks

Fursuit Lounge my review.

Positive:

- Nice Racks with love build - maybe stronger Fans (Cyclone Fans - Look Bouncy Castle Fans) !
- Lots of Space for even more Racks
- Good served drink and sweets tables.
- nice People

Suggestion:

- more Security - I had a couple of time that non con people going around in the lounge. maybe hard waning signs in front of the entry could help here.
- bit more cleaning - maybe more rubbish bins would help or signs for the fursuiters - keep tidy.
- maybe a locker wardrobe with keys - for valuables since so many people using the Lounge - you never know.

Regards

Atalon

Sithy:
+ Cool drinks were always available no matter the hour, thanks for refilling all the drinks dispensers so often :)
+ Candy and salty treats were always available as well, again, thanks for keeping that refilled despite the late hours
+ Clocks, yay!

People hogging the drying stations is always a problem. At Furry Weekend Holland we have a 'manager' walking around keeping an eye on things and gently placing dry suit heads/parts on another rack, but!! we have maybe 30 suiters there at most...considering the sheer amount of fursuiters at EF, I don't think there's really an easy solution for this. Taking paws/heads off of the stand and putting them somewhere else would be nearly undoable, plus it wouldn't be nice to come back and find someone has moved your stuff. Just the idea of it, I guess?
The solution should come from the suiters: use the drying devices when you need them, but don't leave your stuff and give others a chance too :) I personally don't feel I can expect EF staff to "fix" this. There is only so much they can do ^^
This aside I was very happy with the lounge :) Cooling down was quick and easy. For longterm head drying I just used my own fan in our room.

The filled cups on the table were a good idea, but I was mostly afraid of accidently knocking them over with my tail (I have big tails on some of my suits) I had to walk veeeery carefully around the tables. I liked the idea though :) But maybe put them in a corner next year or something? Wasn't a huge deal just something to consider.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version