Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF19 Pawpetshow feedback

(1/4) > >>

Fafnir Kristensen:
as far as I can see there is no specific Pawpetshow feedback specific topic yet (if im wrong, please lock or delete this thread)

my feedback will be mostly subjective as I have no technical knowledge of anything related to puppetting.

it was globally fun, I found the story more light emotionally than previous years, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
the submarine scene was a real blast, it made really made me go "whouahhhh", the light effects, the moving things, the bubbles, really wonderfully excellent!!!
but I had a little bit of problem understanding what was going on exactly when the two main characters were attacked, I think it is because I had a very tall person in front of me and I didnt have a good sight of the whole scene all a once: the main characters were on the far left of the scene, and the bad guy was coming from the far right, and since my head was either tilted left of right of the guy in front of me, it is much possible I missed a small part if the action scene.

I also quite liked the "domino effect" scene, I laughed a lot :D

Now im a bit unsure of what im going to say, maybe I didnt understand correctly, but when the two main characters are stranded in the middle of the sea after the boat was destroyed, am I right to understand they make use of the high tide aided by the strong wind to be able to come back ashore ?

im a bit dubious about the choice made by Cheetah to explain (I have heard some people use the word "excuses") some of the technical inherent problems that come with a show like that.
I feel sad that some people need to have some explanation when they should be able to understand that by themselves.
my only hope is that these points are now clear and we will be free of such nonsense in the years to come, leaving place for more meaningful criticisms.

finally I would like to thank the whole pawpet team for the show they offered us this year once again.
I dont think Im really able to grasp to its full value all the work, time, sweat, despair and hope involved to prepare a show like that every year, but I feel it's mighty and Im certainly graceful for the entertainment provided every years (but EF16 I couldnt attend) since EF13 when I discovered it for the first time,

thank you

Thygrrr:
I understood it as Makani using his wings to surf/sail the hull piece to shore...

All in all, the Pawpet Show of EF19 was phenomenally awesome. One of my all time favourites, and I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat for two days straight now.

It has been a very inspiring show, and brings back memories to the trip to Maui I took 25 years ago. I absolutely have to go there again now.

I feel reluctant to criticise any character writing or technical glitches simply because it feels like asking too much. Obviously every performance has "flaws" but I seriously couldn't care less. I have long decided not to offer any help or critique simply because I wouldn't want to spoil the show for myself.

If that means some wordings or plot twists aren't super-refined, so be it. And to all those naggers: learn to accept something that is awesome for what it is.  :) This is a completely unique piece of art that is only ever performed once, in one location.

Thank you, Pawpetshow-Team!! Your shows give me inspiration and strength for months.

... or, to say it with my mate's breathless words (she saw the show for the first time and expected a Kasperletheater type deal):

"This is better than cinema."

Fafnir Kristensen:

--- Quote from: Thygrrr on 27.08.2013, 20:02:03 ---I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat for two days straight now.

--- End quote ---

*looks at his cd numbered 147 and grin heavily :]

Eisfuchs:
Yes, Makani spread his wings and used the wind to sail back to the shore. That's why he was so excited about the wind picking up.

Fafnir Kristensen:
ha, sorry for not picking that up,
I will blame the tall guy in front of me :]

--- Quote from: Eisfuchs on 27.08.2013, 21:38:56 ---Yes, Makani spread his wings and used the wind to sail back to the shore. That's why he was so excited about the wind picking up.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version