Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF19 Con T-Shirt quality issue?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cheetah:
I'm sorry about the shirt quality. Funny enough, these shirts are the same brand like last year, printed by the same company as last year.

Riox:

Just the text, everything else is fine. And if you look closer -> Hawaii

Same damage on the same letters (i and a)... that's what baffled em  ???

Cheetah:
Uhm --- that's no damage. That's part of the design.  m(

Fafnir Kristensen:
:DDDDD
thank you sir for offering me a good laugh at the end of an otherwise crappy monday ;)

VulpesRex:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 09.09.2013, 18:46:36 ---Uhm --- that's no damage. That's part of the design.  m(

--- End quote ---

When I returned to my room at the InterCity on Wednesday night, I took a good, hard look at my T-shirt, and discovered that splattered printing.  I thought that perhaps the fabricators had issues with the silk-screening process - which was plausible if they had been made by hand in a garage somewhere, like a lot of tourist T-shirts were - but couldn't square that with the crisp, sharp detail of the actual scene depicted beneath it.

When I got a chance to step into the Dealers' Den and visit the EF merchandise table, I brought my shirt with me, and asked if I could get it replaced.  I was told that there was nothing wrong with it, that it was intentional.  I had trouble believing this...until I looked, really looked, at the shirts arrayed across the table.  They were all showing that same flawed lettering, precisely duplicated on each and every one, in perfect registry.  This wasn't a flaw in a silkscreen, this was engineered to look like that.

I'm still not quite sure why; but I do recall seeing "baggies"-style swimming trunks, white with a blue design in a hawaiian motif, done this way some years ago.  Also it suggests the labels on sacks of hawaiian sugar and coffee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version