Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Queues and Queuing: The Who, The Why, The Where and the When

<< < (2/10) > >>

RedFoxy:
My feedback for the queue is only about sponsor and super sponsor without reserved seat :|

Codewolf:

--- Quote from: RedFoxy on 03.09.2014, 11:04:31 ---My feedback for the queue is only about sponsor and super sponsor without reserved seat :|

--- End quote ---
In previous years the reserved seating was the first 3 or so rows, the main reasons for not having "reserved" seating this year were as follows:

The number of sponsors + super sponsors: due to the number of furs in general this year there was a high number of sponsors and super sponsors.

Flexibility: this year we allowed people to choose where to sit, they could sit anywhere not reserved for VIPs and guests of the convention

The number of guests in general: in previous years we found that there were seats still available in the sponsor + super sponsor area when we started letting in regular attendees.

It is also worth bearing in mind that (in the main stage at least) we waited for 99.9% of the sponsors + super sponsors to sit down before allowing the regular attendees queue to start filtering in so you effectively did have reserved seating.

yagfox:
Thinking outside the box. Why are people queueing up at all? I didn't queue for anything and attended the opening ceremony, the art auction, the fursuit gameshow and the pawpet show. Was there an event that you genuinely had to queue or you wouldn't get in to?

If people just enjoy standing in line. I can't understand why they complain about it so much.

Santa fox:

--- Quote from: yagfox on 03.09.2014, 11:29:41 ---Thinking outside the box. Why are people queueing up at all? I didn't queue for anything and attended the opening ceremony, the art auction, the fursuit gameshow and the pawpet show. Was there an event that you genuinely had to queue or you wouldn't get in to?

If people just enjoy standing in line. I can't understand why they complain about it so much.

--- End quote ---

I stood in line to actually hope to snag a good seat for mainstage events, as for the dealers den, I really wanted to see what was on sale, even more so since the line was already the longest I have seen for the early access to it.

OmniSable:

--- Quote from: yagfox on 03.09.2014, 11:29:41 ---Thinking outside the box. Why are people queueing up at all? I didn't queue for anything and attended the opening ceremony, the art auction, the fursuit gameshow and the pawpet show. Was there an event that you genuinely had to queue or you wouldn't get in to?

--- End quote ---

Excuse me for the stupid question, but it was possible to access the main stage during the event? I thought that I couldn't just walk in after everybody had seated and the show had started.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version