Eurofurence Information > Feedback

General feedback/questions about Parades (and Music)

(1/4) > >>

Cubitus:
Hi folks,

after attending my first EF ever, I'd like to ask if the Parade as it was (independently of the place/route!) always is like that?

I learnt the marching band was a cool new thing. My impression was: "Great music in the front row - and a bunch of cool fursuiters sneaking behind silently".. a little like a funeral (just happier outfits :-)

Is the EF team thinking about having some music all along the parade (don't blame me if former EFs always had that; I just don't know), either speakers going with the parade, or along the parade route? Would love to see plans about this suggested or discussed. (As a Berliner, I might be participating in preparations either, if wanted).

Maybe it's just that I have been enjoying too many Disney pararades (which are of course bursting from music, TOO much sometimes), but I found this one very quiet and discreet.

Happy singing greetings,
Cubitus ●●●●

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: Cubitus on 04.09.2014, 23:20:59 ---Is the EF team thinking about having some music all along the parade (don't blame me if former EFs always had that; I just don't know), either speakers going with the parade, or along the parade route?

--- End quote ---

We've been absolutely thinking of it for years. However, there is no legal, affordable solution for it. Which is why pretty much all fursuit parades world wide are silent. The brass band is actually a pretty novel thing that we're rather proud of - and at least at the stopping point down at the beach bar, everyone had the chance to get a glimpse of them.

Ralesk:
That reminds me that my friend Desolate has a large iDevice docking boombox and on Budapets (visible for example between 0:24–0:50) (and on EF19 when he could last make it to EF) he provided music from that thing — much to the joy of the surroundings.

If he can make it next year, I'm pretty sure he'd gladly tag along the fursuit parade to make some noise for at least part of the line.

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: Ralesk on 05.09.2014, 14:39:39 ---If he can make it next year, I'm pretty sure he'd gladly tag along the fursuit parade to make some noise for at least part of the line.

--- End quote ---

The challenge is not to find someone with a boombox. The challenge is to coordinate the music. If you have four people within hearing distance that play different songs at the same time, all you create is a terrible noise that goes on everybody's nerves - and that would make things worse.

BluePaw:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 06.09.2014, 12:36:54 ---
--- Quote from: Ralesk on 05.09.2014, 14:39:39 ---If he can make it next year, I'm pretty sure he'd gladly tag along the fursuit parade to make some noise for at least part of the line.

--- End quote ---

The challenge is not to find someone with a boombox. The challenge is to coordinate the music. If you have four people within hearing distance that play different songs at the same time, all you create is a terrible noise that goes on everybody's nerves - and that would make things worse.

--- End quote ---
could maybe use those cellphone AM/FM-transmitters and just stream from con-ops or some other place through 3G/4G nets?
that would give all the receivers the same music at the same time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version