Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Feedback 2015

<< < (10/21) > >>

BigBlueFox:

--- Quote from: Ragear on 23.08.2015, 21:26:57 ---

Only little comment about EF prime: The transmitting/ streaming team needs some sort of feedback about what arrives in the room ... there seemed to have been a loose connector somewhere so transmission was sketchy at times. And when you stream sth with voice: please turn down the background music then :)

will be in berlin again next year!

Ragear

--- End quote ---

We actually did turn down the background music. Or so we thought. The audio mixer showed the channel as muted - but obviously didn't mote it. We had to mute it a second time to fix that after getting feedback from you guys. We're going to establish a way of monitoring the stream in the future, at least during transition periods to keep this from happening.

BigBlueFox:

--- Quote from: BlueBerry on 25.08.2015, 20:35:37 ---The one thing that really bothered me was the preparation of chairs and the projection on the canvas at enter the arena. If you did not was sitting in the first two lines, then you could not see the dance floor. Standing did not help to see anything. To look at the canvas was pointless, because due to the light and fog nothing could be seen. So either next year the fursuiter dancing on the stage or you build grandstands.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is a good point. The problem was that as you may have noticed, we had a very unique and different stage layout this year, and with this, a lot of challenges come. In our case, it was the unexpected lighting situation that kept the projection from being clearly visible at times, not only during Enter The Arena.

Moving the dancers to the stage is a no-go - since this greatly limits them with their possibilities. But we'll see how we are going to handle this in the future. :)

Reshi:

--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 26.08.2015, 04:27:21 ---I'm actually curious to know which one that was, or which day. We had a total amount of more than 40 hours of individual programming this year (not counting the live shows), and the individual show was being rerun only two or three times during the entire 5 days.

--- End quote ---

I think it was on either Wednesday or Thursday, it happened only in one day but I found it strange !

Sheena-Tiger:

--- Quote from: Reshi on 26.08.2015, 12:21:44 ---
--- Quote from: BigBlueFox on 26.08.2015, 04:27:21 ---I'm actually curious to know which one that was, or which day. We had a total amount of more than 40 hours of individual programming this year (not counting the live shows), and the individual show was being rerun only two or three times during the entire 5 days.

--- End quote ---

I think it was on either Wednesday or Thursday, it happened only in one day but I found it strange !

--- End quote ---

I'd say Wednesday, after the opening ceremony.
It is quite clear in my head, as I was ill and could not attend the first 2 days and a few minutes before the end of the ceremony I looked at my twitter and saw the link to the stream.
After that I let the stream run for quite a while but the videos got very boring, seeing the same one for the 3rd or 4th time. After that I did not turn it back on since it gave me this feeling "you will only see something else when something on the main stage happens"

Mystifur:

--- Quote from: Ralphie Raccoon on 25.08.2015, 14:32:05 ---Overall I think the con was very well managed (even if I didn't manage myself very well!) but I do have a few ideas for improvements:

* Fursuit Lounge - More Pegs Plz! :P (Mystifur already knows about that one). Also, if some insulated ice buckets could be left out, so furs could add their own ice to their drinks. Finally, there needs to be a equal number of tables for heads and paws/feet, the latter was almost always fully occupied as there was only one of them, so the rules were bent and the heads tables used instead.
--- End quote ---

Hi and thanks for the feedback.

Paw Dryers: Your Math is wrong ;) Technically we'd need 4 times the number of paw dryers to the number of head dryers. As every head head usually comes with 4 paws. ;-)
But seriuously, the lounge has been growing and work-in-progress for the last 11 years. Had you come last year, you'd only seen have the amount of head dryers. We had some budget to build more, and we deemed dry heads more important than dry paws. Next year, something else will get some money and improve.

--- Quote from: Reshi on 25.08.2015, 16:50:36 ---
The good stuff:
- Fursuit lounge was nice and roomy, even tho it was more farther away from the lobby than last year, it was easy enough to get to for me

--- End quote ---
And we even had a secong lounge running in the very same old location as well :)

--- Quote ---The okay-ish stuff:
- Not a big thing, but it bothered me that the water in the fursuit lounge was a lot of times more room temperature than actually cold. But that is just a small nitpick and it happened to be like that only couple times when I were in the lounge, and I visited it a lot

--- End quote ---
Ice and Drinks:
Sorry that you found "every luke warm at times". (Which may actually have happened in the morning hours, but unlikely in the afternoon.)
- Did you try turning it off and on again?... Or rather have you tried different kegs? We keep some of the drinks free of ice intentionally, because suiters also complained about all the drinks giving them brain freeze.
- If you did, and found all of them to be warm.. Did you talk to someone of my team and inform them? I know they'd love to help right there. Such things can be solved easily IF you let us know right there!
- We decided against public access to the ice cubes for 3 reasons:
1) You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get enough ice as it is, because for some reason the hotel also wants it for their cocktails ;)
2) Suiters will fill their cups with ice, drink some, and then throw the cups with left over ice into the bin. ..where it starts to melt and gives us this lovely watery mess to clean out.
3) Health/Hygiene issues. 500 sweaty fuzzy fursuiter paws/hands rummaging through the ice that others are going to consume is a no-go. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version