Eurofurence Information > Feedback

Feedback 2015

<< < (2/21) > >>

Vulniir:

--- Quote from: Ghostbear on 24.08.2015, 19:59:10 ---But other than that ... I really don't have much to complain. Some minor things that bugged me (like sadly getting no T-Shirt in my sizes on thursday, only minutes after the Dealer's Den was open for normal attendees, because some guy obviously bought them all off), but not significant enough to spoil the awesome time I had at EF21.

--- End quote ---

I am really sorry for that, I felt bad for telling everyone that we didn't had anything bigger than XXL left, AFAIK someone brought them in bulk while they were still sold at the registration. That's something I have on my list for the internal feedback, so cross your fingers for the next year  :)

Ghostbear:
@ysegrim: Thank you for the feedback here and more detailed in the Notes. :)

@Vulniir: It's okay. I was a bit pissed on thursday, but ..yeah.. first come first serve. Next year I'll just take the Sponsor upgrade ;)
And I really hope I didn't take it out on you.

SouthPaw:

--- Quote from: ANTIcarrot on 25.08.2015, 02:33:57 ---Travel:
I haven't actually looked at the travel section of the EF website for several years. Having just checked I was very surprised to see we don't seem to have one. ??? Just a form to request assistance. Can you put it back please?  ::) Can you also please add information to the travel page and/or make public announcements if there is major engineering work scheduled for the week of the convention - as there was this year with a large part of the S41 shut down. I cannot find a service status page, but a link to one might be very useful.

--- End quote ---

Just for reference, I've just looked and there is a travel page, though it's not directly linked from the home page. Instead, you have to open up the menu and it's located under the "Hotel" section thereof. Travel updates, which included the closure of the Ringbahn between Bundesplatz and Halensee, were posted in a sticky thread in the "Travel & Ride Sharing" section of this very forum.

In terms of Engineering Work details, they're only fully available in German, specifically here for S-Bahn and other heavy rail services, and here for U-Bahn, Tram and Bus services. However, the BVG Journey Planner does take them into account when giving you a route.

meo:
Ok, as no feedback is bad feedback here is mine:

The Good
Awesome Con, lots of nice talks with people I couldn't even remember (that's good because when meeting again next year you can have the same talk again ;)),  Evlevator-Problems seems to be gone (beside software-Routing-Problems, but that's something we couldn't change, so lets hope Estrel will do optimize the Software next year), Bigger Panelrooms that are not cooled down from Berlin temperatures to Moskow ones (ok, that's not fair for the Suiters but finding a compromise is, so thumbs up).

The not that Good
Sadly the Main entrance security wasn't always at hand. I had reported at least 3 "Photographers". To be fair I wouldn't like a Entrance bouncer but just one or two Secs in disguise so we could pinpoint them more quickly in case something happens. The good point on that is, that as I reported the ones I found Dhary went full Cylon-Mode scanning every person in the Lobby in under 2 minutes. Working on such a level of response time and professionalism really warms my heart

The Bad
Programming - Ok lets be fair, putting the Pannels together so the con wouldn't need another Week to watch them all is a hard one but sadly we had some problems this year that really buggers me. There where several Programming problems with same topics at same time (for example the Music Cafe VS the GoH-Show). I still hope someone recorded some talks I wanted to see but couldn't as I where in another one.

Akulatraxas:

--- Quote ---Artists lounge:
--- End quote ---
The Artist Lounge was 260qm in size and still was pretty much full all the time. This place is the only one big enough.
You liked the 40qm Artist Lounge better from last year? I prefer to accept the 2 hours of darkness.

--- Quote --- In prior years the artists lounge also had some complimentary refreshments provided.
--- End quote ---
We didn't had it last year. As far as I know this was privately organized in the years before. The hotel does not allow is to provide refreshments in public spaces. At least not for now.

--- Quote ---There where several Programming problems with same topics at same time
--- End quote ---
Do you have more examples? - The schedule is very tight and there are several dependencies that make putting this together a dependency-hell.
The furry music cafe includes many people that have dependencies on their on and it is usually quite long. There is always something on the mainstage that might clash. The schedule is created with the goal to provide something for everyone on each day.  Please note that there are additional blockers in the rooms you cannot see as they are internal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version