Eurofurence Information > Feedback

EF22: Hasn't Dealers den become too small?

<< < (3/3)

Cairyn:

--- Quote from: RedFoxy on 23.08.2016, 19:07:37 ---But... What do you think if they'll swaps artists gallery and dealers den locations?
--- End quote ---

And then we would have only a fraction of the art show left... which is already too small as well, given the number (and necessary reductions) of panel applications. In many cases, artists are also dealers btw... so they'd lose either way.

The distribution of rooms has already been discussed extensively, and with the given space, this is the optimal method so far.

Alpha_Ki:

--- Quote from: RedFoxy on 23.08.2016, 15:35:57 ---A lot of customer, a lot of dealers surrounded by customer and other customer that can't reach tables, log queue as usual and dealers that cannot get a seat inside, isn't time to move dealers den in a bigger place?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ScrappyTheFox on 23.08.2016, 16:52:16 ---It was also stinkin hot in there like OMG i feel sorry for the dealers who had to sit in there the whole day in that desert like heat.
I was able sto stay in there maybe half a minute at most before i needed to go outside/to the bar and cool off.

--- End quote ---

All I can say is:

Thank you for pointing out the obvious!

Don't get me wrong, we KNOW since years, that the Dealers' Den is way to small. That is why we try to find solutions like the Artist Alley which made a lot of people happy.
We thought about switching with either the Fursuit Lounge or the ArtShow. Both would not go well. You don't want to have headless steaming suiters in a greenhouse and you don't want to hide the artists in the dark. The artists want a table in the Den since they earn money with doing sketches. That works best in bright daylight.
Having huge windows helps with the light but it also helps the sun heating up the room. The air condition is not made for so many people and good weather outside. ^^;

If someone has a problem with crowded places, then why not coming back on Friday? On Friday noon there are usually just a few customers in the Den so you can have nice look at every table and space to go through. If you need to storm in with the big rush on Thursday then, sorry to say that, don't complain about too many people and not enough air.

The problem we face: We need a huge room with daylight, doors that can be locked, which is no emergancy route (since the doors shouldn't be locked) and don't cost extra. Cause extra costs means higher prizes for con tickets. If it were that easy we would have had a better and larger Den since last year. ;)

Every year after EF we start discussing with the hotel. Nightfox does a great job on that. Maybe we can have a nice solution until the new Tower has opened. But until then we have to work with what we have and try to make the best out of it. Thank you for your feedback!

Sheena-Tiger:

--- Quote from: Alpha_Ki on 25.08.2016, 11:24:47 ---That is why we try to find solutions like the Artist Alley which made a lot of people happy.

--- End quote ---

I am one of those happy people... not as an artist but as customer who found something he liked and would not have found otherwise... as the artist would have had no place with the Artist Alley. And it means, meeting a new, nice person as well. Clearly, this year worked better than last year!

Carenath:

--- Quote from: Alpha_Ki on 25.08.2016, 11:24:47 ---...If you need to storm in with the big rush on Thursday then, sorry to say that, don't complain about too many people and not enough air.
--- End quote ---
The problem is that some artists who secure a spot at the den are among the highly sought after with limited slots for comissions and they sell out on the first day, every year. This is why you get the bums rush and large queues along with those hoping fervently that the supersponsors getting early access don't buy out the artist you're hoping to snag a piece from.

To me though, that's a sign of a healthy economy, that we artists are able to earn money and clients can meet the artists they like in person. I feel similar about the Artist Alley too and I thank whoever came up with that idea. There's not really anything that can be done I suppose, it sounds like all the various avenues were explored to find the best solution.

RedFoxy:

--- Quote from: Alpha_Ki on 25.08.2016, 11:24:47 ---All I can say is:

Thank you for pointing out the obvious!

Don't get me wrong, we KNOW since years, that the Dealers' Den is way to small. That is why we try to find solutions like the Artist Alley which made a lot of people happy.
We thought about switching with either the Fursuit Lounge or the ArtShow. Both would not go well. You don't want to have headless steaming suiters in a greenhouse and you don't want to hide the artists in the dark. The artists want a table in the Den since they earn money with doing sketches. That works best in bright daylight.
Having huge windows helps with the light but it also helps the sun heating up the room. The air condition is not made for so many people and good weather outside. ^^;

If someone has a problem with crowded places, then why not coming back on Friday? On Friday noon there are usually just a few customers in the Den so you can have nice look at every table and space to go through. If you need to storm in with the big rush on Thursday then, sorry to say that, don't complain about too many people and not enough air.

The problem we face: We need a huge room with daylight, doors that can be locked, which is no emergancy route (since the doors shouldn't be locked) and don't cost extra. Cause extra costs means higher prizes for con tickets. If it were that easy we would have had a better and larger Den since last year. ;)

Every year after EF we start discussing with the hotel. Nightfox does a great job on that. Maybe we can have a nice solution until the new Tower has opened. But until then we have to work with what we have and try to make the best out of it. Thank you for your feedback!

--- End quote ---
I'm not unhappy of EF or actual situations, just you ask and that was first thing I thinks... It wasn't something against or to poke you, I know that there are a big and hard work behind, and I thank's you for that!

There aren't good solutions now with that spaces or without increasing spaces to rent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version