Eurofurence Information > Feedback

It's not possible for a regular attendee to reserve a Suite.

<< < (2/4) > >>

karpour:
Let me assure you that most staff has regular rooms and it is possible to get suites.
The Estrel has 1,125 rooms. Assuming that almost everyone who registered early did so in order to book a room, half of the rooms were already gone by the time you registered. Rooms are gone quickly and first-come-first-serve is how it works and there will always be many people who won't get the room category they want.
Staff gets early access to rooms, because it turned out you need staff to run a con.

o'wolf:
Every person? So who gave you the list of occupants of the 70 suites...?

Dude, be glad you had a room at the Estrel at all.

Suites were gone for Monday before the convention because we only had a very small room block for that day. I know several attendees who did not have a head start and managed to get a suite arriving Tuesday or Wednesday, as there were most suites left on start of registration. It's just that the hotel was booked solid after five minutes.

Maybe you'll have more luck next time.

(And to the wisecracks joining staff just for the early room reservation: we will make you work, because that's what you subscribed to.)

kalaallitamaroq:

--- Quote from: Mryia on 31.08.2018, 21:22:39 ---It doesn't make sense for staff members to book the big rooms. The unpaid(!) staffers are working hard to make the con run, all they want is a warm bed to rest.
Also, I met many regular guests with deluxe rooms or suites this year.

Next time, just be faster.

--- End quote ---

Just a minor nit-picking. if you say "unpaid", it seems like we are simply doing it for free. Staffers actually PAY the regular confee, like normal attendees, and pay for the hotel room. Many pay even for sponsor or supersponsor (like me). We literally pay money to work during our vacations.

The only difference between Staff and regular attendees is that instead of enjoying the convention like normal attendees, we spend our time working for the attendees.
And yes, we have a guaranteed room. Because staff has to be present on site, surprise surprise. Without staff, you wouldn't have a con.

I felt necessary to specify this, because some people might think that staffers get in for free in exchange of their work. nope!

Alpha_Ki:
I know a lot of staffers who actually do run room parties. But they are mostly invite only.
And to be honest, I quite liked to see more people in the lobby to socialize a little. :)

Hai λ:
Could you explain this "friend of the chairman" thing, please? Are you saying people get early reservations solely for being frietds with Cheetah? Could it be that they are friends with him _and_ their roomies are actually staffers? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version