Eurofurence Information > Questions & Answers

Room Booking procedure for 2019

<< < (3/6) > >>

Xar:
Another question regarding the room booking procedure:

Does the con fee need to be paid in order to generate my booking code and send the room booking email?

Or, in other words: can I wait until I have reserved a room before paying the convention fee, or the web page won't let me book unless I'm already fully paid?

Thank you!

Jumpy:

--- Quote from: Xar on 12.01.2019, 21:29:33 ---Does the con fee need to be paid in order to generate my booking code and send the room booking email?

--- End quote ---

No. As soon as you are "accepted", that is, you have received the mail asking you to pay, hotel booking is available to you.

We realize that some people for various reasons do not wish to attend if they are not successful in obtaining a hotel room. We do all we can to make overflow hotels work for everyone, with the provided bus service and the security operated storage and the fursuit lounge, but it's not our place to criticize our attendees in making this choice. I have personally heard some reasons that I find convincing, others less so.

You actually have a second week during which you could try to find a room partner in the Room Sharing section of this forum if you're not lucky next Saturday, before you have to pay or make the choice to cancel.

Xar:

--- Quote from: Jumpy on 12.01.2019, 22:20:06 ---No. As soon as you are "accepted", that is, you have received the mail asking you to pay, hotel booking is available to you.

We realize that some people for various reasons do not wish to attend if they are not successful in obtaining a hotel room. We do all we can to make overflow hotels work for everyone, with the provided bus service and the security operated storage and the fursuit lounge, but it's not our place to criticize our attendees in making this choice. I have personally heard some reasons that I find convincing, others less so.

You actually have a second week during which you could try to find a room partner in the Room Sharing section of this forum if you're not lucky next Saturday, before you have to pay or make the choice to cancel.

--- End quote ---

That's great. Thank you!

Takuma:
Hello,

It was mentioned above that there is no need for a credit card for making a reservation.
Is it needed for the payment ? or is a bank account in the EU enough if the payments are made before a certain date?
I am asking because I only have a prepaid credit card and not all hotels accept those.
So if paying by bank is possible it would make things a lot easier.

Kind regards,
Takuma

Doruvon:

--- Quote from: Takuma on 13.01.2019, 15:10:44 ---Hello,

It was mentioned above that there is no need for a credit card for making a reservation.
Is it needed for the payment ? or is a bank account in the EU enough if the payments are made before a certain date?
I am asking because I only have a prepaid credit card and not all hotels accept those.
So if paying by bank is possible it would make things a lot easier.

Kind regards,
Takuma

--- End quote ---

They will send you an invoice with their IBAN details at the near bottom. You just need to fill in the information like your reservation/unique nr so that they know it was you that payed them.
So you must do it manual by going to your own bank to transfer the money, fill in IBAN, Reservation nr and other information. (Similar how you would pay EF)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version