Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Body Painting  (Read 36964 times)

agrajag_fur

Body Painting
« on: 21.01.2009, 14:15:05 »

I've recently got back into airbrushing and was considering bringing my equipment along to do some body painting:

• Would anyone be interested in being a canvas?
  • Would anyone pay (contribute) for it - the makeup isn't free?
  • I assume there'd be some limitations on how much of the body is on display.
  • Are people free to walk around in the paint?
  • Where could I do it?
  • Would it be worth doing as a SIG?

If people are interested I can make arrangements before the con as I'll have to stock up on paint and get some concepts in mind.

leinir

• Leinir's online home
Re: Body Painting
« Reply #1 on: 22.01.2009, 14:03:06 »

i may well like to take part in this as a canvas, and i do believe this might well be worth doing as a SIG :)
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

"A Vast Swimmer Keeps No Pets"
 - Seamus Z. Harper, Andromeda 1:14

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #2 on: 22.01.2009, 15:33:47 »

Please make sure that the paint you're using does not rub off onto other furs or even fursuits when hugging. We had this in the past, it's not nice. Even when the paint should theoretically wash out cleanly, which I think wasn't the case on one fursuit.

*purrrr*

Fawks Beaumont

« Reply #3 on: 22.01.2009, 15:44:57 »

I'm sure you would get enough interest in doing it as a SIG, but there would be some major considerations to take in mind.  Mostly, all of the SIG rooms are carpeted, so you would have to bring protective covers (tarps, sheets, etc.), so as not to damage the room.  As for how "naked" you could get for the painting, I know it's stated in the terms and agreements of the con.  But, roughly, a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals would be a bare minimum (no exposed private parts, male or female) when walking around the hotel, but in the SIG itself, you could probably get away with just shorts as long as no one objected, assuming the person being painted was male. 

As for walking around the hotel, it's mostly common sense that would have to be used.  No damaging the chairs, tables, or carpet of the hotel with the paint, regardless of how easy it is suppose to be to wash off.  Also, there is the major concern of damaging other's fursuits.  I know furs have used bodypaint in public areas during previous cons.

agrajag_fur

« Reply #4 on: 22.01.2009, 16:13:23 »

Oh I completely agree - I wouldn't want to get paint all over my fursuit however I would say that I couldn't be responsible for the behaviour of individuals who had been painted.

The paints I use are water based and are dry when they are on the skin, unlike oil based ones.

Please make sure that the paint you're using does not rub off onto other furs or even fursuits when hugging. We had this in the past, it's not nice. Even when the paint should theoretically wash out cleanly, which I think wasn't the case on one fursuit.

*purrrr*

agrajag_fur

« Reply #5 on: 22.01.2009, 16:36:36 »

I would make sure that the room was protected. I have done this in my house at home and know what steps to take to prevent splashes, spillages and, most importantly spray drift.

I would prefer not to paint private parts, either in public or private. That's a bit of a boundary for me. I have seen a few faces and arms painted at the cons before.

I would recommend not getting painted up, going out in the rain or dancing up a sweat and then hugging people as any water would make the paint run.

I'm sure you would get enough interest in doing it as a SIG, but there would be some major considerations to take in mind.  Mostly, all of the SIG rooms are carpeted, so you would have to bring protective covers (tarps, sheets, etc.), so as not to damage the room.  As for how "naked" you could get for the painting, I know it's stated in the terms and agreements of the con.  But, roughly, a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals would be a bare minimum (no exposed private parts, male or female) when walking around the hotel, but in the SIG itself, you could probably get away with just shorts as long as no one objected, assuming the person being painted was male. 

As for walking around the hotel, it's mostly common sense that would have to be used.  No damaging the chairs, tables, or carpet of the hotel with the paint, regardless of how easy it is suppose to be to wash off.  Also, there is the major concern of damaging other's fursuits.  I know furs have used bodypaint in public areas during previous cons.

GreyLion

« Reply #6 on: 22.01.2009, 22:48:17 »

I'd like to learn how to make face bodypaint  - lion - on my own. I have my own paints :-) So SIG should be great.

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #7 on: 23.01.2009, 23:45:13 »

Mew,

well, I've always been interested in body paintings - I've even started training brushing (on paper) some years ago but lost it again.

I'd happily volunteer for brushed on (I'd pay for the needed stuff as well)
If you want to make a SIG out of it - go for it, I'd say :) - its creative, its interesting, its artistic - so really good for a SIG :) If the weather permits, it could be done outside as well (better air over time).

As for the Fursuits: well - there have been unfortunate happenings with paint on bodies, though I wouldn't really call those (supposed) party fun things "body paintings" like those we are speaking about here. And of course one should avoid damage to other peoples stuff (I dont even care if this stuff washes out of clothes or not - it has to be avoided).

As for private parts: painting them would make the whole thing private as public display of genitals (not even artificial ones of fursuits) is not allowed in public. So.. yeah... *g*
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #8 on: 29.01.2009, 18:17:38 »

Last year I was unvoluntarily bodypainted in fursuit by someone colorful hugging me while being slightly drunk. That paint was also waterbased and wasn't supposed to rub off... but as nothing ever goes as it's planned people sweat and the paint gets transferred no matter what.

So I suggest keep Bodypainting and painted individuals to the Sig-Rooms or perhaps outside, but make totally clear they aren't supposed to go to packed areas like the lobby and the dancefloor like that (and the elevators), and not get drunk either. Otherwise it becomes your responsibility, too, as the one who paints them.

The paint did wash out last year, but still I was quite annoyed when I wanted to suit up for a suitwalk in town last year and realized my formerly white suitnose was pink and blue. Not cool.

Jojo
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

agrajag_fur

« Reply #9 on: 29.01.2009, 19:14:53 »

I am now of the opinion that this is going to be too much aggravation to do as there's no way I can police people or force them to take the paint off or control where they go and who or how they interact with others.

Last year I was unvoluntarily bodypainted in fursuit by someone colorful hugging me while being slightly drunk. That paint was also waterbased and wasn't supposed to rub off... but as nothing ever goes as it's planned people sweat and the paint gets transferred no matter what.

So I suggest keep Bodypainting and painted individuals to the Sig-Rooms or perhaps outside, but make totally clear they aren't supposed to go to packed areas like the lobby and the dancefloor like that (and the elevators), and not get drunk either. Otherwise it becomes your responsibility, too, as the one who paints them.

The paint did wash out last year, but still I was quite annoyed when I wanted to suit up for a suitwalk in town last year and realized my formerly white suitnose was pink and blue. Not cool.

Jojo

leinir

• Leinir's online home
« Reply #10 on: 29.01.2009, 19:31:31 »

Aww man, that really sucks... Would've been a really neat SIG...
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

"A Vast Swimmer Keeps No Pets"
 - Seamus Z. Harper, Andromeda 1:14

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 30.01.2009, 01:26:37 »

Well, during the dances, bodypainting is a definite NO GO, because paint will be rubbed on innocent dancers and expensive fursuits, which is not good.  We do not have a clear policy on bodypainting otherwise ... we'll discuss this among the staff and let you know the result.
yours,

Cheetah

agrajag_fur

« Reply #12 on: 30.01.2009, 10:53:00 »

Thanks Cheetah.

GreyLion

« Reply #13 on: 04.02.2009, 12:46:32 »

I am now of the opinion that this is going to be too much aggravation to do as there's no way I can police people or force them to take the paint off or control where they go and who or how they interact with others.

pitty...

GreyLion

« Reply #14 on: 04.02.2009, 12:48:36 »

Well, during the dances, bodypainting is a definite NO GO, because paint will be rubbed on innocent dancers and expensive fursuits, which is not good.  We do not have a clear policy on bodypainting otherwise ... we'll discuss this among the staff and let you know the result.

ok, let's wait...
but it should be really pitty forbid it...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up