Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chimeras ... our future?  (Read 28643 times)

Moutos Woofidis

• Saint Bernard canine morph in glorious blue!
    • My user page at FurAffinity
Re: Chimeras ... our future?
« Reply #15 on: 28.07.2008, 17:31:10 »

So would being furry if everyone was. In general, whatever you're used to is boring.
I'm used to furries by now and I honestly can't think of anything more exciting! :D
I LICK YOU FURRY MUCH!!! *SLURP DROOL SPLOTCH!*

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #16 on: 10.08.2008, 21:23:41 »

so here is THE question.

if they invent.....let's say....a pill that would make you grow fur, a muzzle, tail, anything you like in any shape and colour you wish. WOULD you do it?

Hell yes I would. Life is too short to pass up a chance to experience something like that.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Pony

• A feral equine with attitude
    • Dutchpaw
« Reply #17 on: 13.03.2009, 08:18:07 »

No thanks.
Although I wouldn't mind sense enhancement here and there heheh.
But no physical modifications! My body is fine and functional as it is!
I was born a human and must accept this, even though I feel very much like a horse.
A dream is nice to have, but I would never carry out a dream of that intense nature.
If I was to live the life of a horse, then I would have incarnated as one.
Clearly it's time for me again to lead a human life.
And so it shall be. :)
The sun shines in my face, running as fast as I can, the wind blowing thru my mane...

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #18 on: 13.03.2009, 11:40:12 »

I think it would retarded to be fair... It looks cool in art and so on.. but would it look as cool in real? I dunno...
"Just one sign... and your cookie is mine!"

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
« Reply #19 on: 13.03.2009, 12:30:41 »

Well, for my part I'd have different reasons for different parts of this, GIVEN that it will 
be free-form possible in the future.
So, let me split this into two parts:

1. I don't really have anything against humans, of course, I am one after all and I see 
myself as a human in RL. And regarding "needs" I think our bodies provide us with quite 
anything we need to survive. BUT that's exactly it!
Our body provides us with all features to survive in the world we live today because we 
shaped our "world" to our needs. But comparing us to other lifeforms there are many parts of 
the human body which are underdeveloped, maybe "effeminated" to use another word. Of course 
I don't NEED fangs and claws, for example, in this world, this society. Of course I don't 
need to lift 10 times of my own weight and such like some animals can. But compared to many 
animals I sometimes do ask myself why we have come to be this way.
So, yeah, if genetic engineering would someday give me the possibility of stronger muscles 
and bones, if it would allow me to have the teeth and muscles to rip "prey" like so many 
wild animals do, give me the speed to chase whatever thing without using a car, sure, come 
on, give it to me. No, I might not NEED it right here, but it would undoubtedly increase all 
chances for survival if anything like that would become necessary once again and maybe then 
it might not be totally exaggerated to call us the "most developed species".

Regarding ALL THIS text now: Please don't engage into discussions like "But that would only 
cause more people to solute their problems with fighting, hunting and killing each other" or 
anything related to that, I do realize the possibly bad parts of this, too, but it would 
totally lead this discussion to a different topic, and I don’t really want that. So, yeah, 
that's my opinion on that. (Oh, and by the way, yeah, I am in general interested in 
transhumanism science^^)

2. Now about the "furry" aspect. So, yeah, I am FOR the genetical improvement of humans SOME 
DAY, when it is actually safe enough in many ways. So, making these changes to the human 
body will surely influence the look, of course bigger muscles, bigger and stronger teeth 
would make us look different, more "primal", animal-like, but this would, that's what I 
think, not lead us to becoming our fursonas or something like that. THAT would be another 
point once again, so, maybe "cosmetic" genetic engineering. I don't want to discuss about 
this "Brave new world", "people being 'ordered' and specifically bred-topic now, that's far 
too serious right now.
So, keeping these "problems" aside, yeah, for the sake of coolness, I'd do it, I mean, 
nothing against the human body, but damn, my fursona just looks so much cooler than me.^^

So yeah, considering all this I'd do both steps, but of course I do realize that there will, 
or would, be problems with this. From general health, to political, social/moral stuff and 
so on and so on, all this topics I didn't want to mention up to now. So, this is written 
from an "utopian" viewpoint, so to say, and I don't seriously believe everything will be so 
easy and "dandy", but if it would be, for the sake of genetic improvement as well as 
coolness, yeah, this topic really is interesting to me.

Oh and about "the future", yeah, I think genetical engeneering will be a big part some day in the future, but until people change their look completly to "fursonas" just for "coolness", I think that is even further ahead and will take even much more time.

Thanks for reading, and please don't rip me apart for maybe not thinking every single point 
through and through.

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Shiro

• Danish booze Husky
« Reply #20 on: 13.03.2009, 16:50:23 »

for that question, i must admit my answer is... I dont know

I might do it, becase i can sure see alot of awsome things with it.
But sadly the general people have always hated what is different.
In that department i dont think the movie x-men is far off.

Alot off people "properly politicians" will go out like this.
He is a dog, he could bite your throath over with those k9 teath... and will we let our children go to school with someone who got a weapon in there body and yada yada yada..

I dont know i gess if we could find our own little place and just live there without the human influence, that could work..
Hmmm australia got a nice size   ;D

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #21 on: 13.03.2009, 17:48:59 »

First logical step is using this kind of engineering to cute deseases and makes us humans live longer by implenting animal parts to take over failure human parts or to work out defects in our DNA.

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #22 on: 13.03.2009, 22:18:46 »

First logical step is using this kind of engineering to cute deseases and makes us humans live longer by implenting animal parts to take over failure human parts or to work out defects in our DNA.

That almost sounds like what the Borg were doing... a bit creepy there...
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #23 on: 14.03.2009, 04:36:50 »

You mean like so?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVebMKT3uDs[/youtube]

;)
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

gwyndolium

• The fruity husky!
« Reply #24 on: 14.03.2009, 12:53:57 »

You mean like so?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVebMKT3uDs[/youtube]

;)

haha yeah, kittens are an awesome cure!

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #25 on: 14.03.2009, 20:45:32 »

haha yeah, kittens are an awesome cure!

Except when you're allergic to cats, like me... ATCHOUM!
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up