Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver's licenses and such  (Read 57230 times)

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
Re: Driver's licenses and such
« Reply #30 on: 17.03.2007, 05:43:52 »

Well I am going to pay the $10,000 shipping bill and have the Peterbuilt sent with me, so if there is diesel near by the smoke will roll.
Yeah I light my own farts and your point is?

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #31 on: 17.03.2007, 11:58:31 »

Well I am going to pay the $10,000 shipping bill and have the Peterbuilt sent with me, so if there is diesel near by the smoke will roll.
::)

;D ;D ;D
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Okami

• Garou of the Silent Strider
« Reply #32 on: 17.03.2007, 12:17:56 »

The Gasstations stop the fuelflow at 600 liter.
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #33 on: 17.03.2007, 14:44:08 »

As doco said, you have to pay for every single meter you drive when you use a truck.

Plus you have to change the headlights to european standard and it is not possible to park such a thing at the convention hotel.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: 17.03.2007, 15:49:21 »

What a waste! Please, donate the $10000 tp Eurofurence instead ... we could make much better use of it :) *lol*
yours,

Cheetah

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #35 on: 17.03.2007, 21:54:44 »

I know about the road useage fees for a large truck, and the limted fuel and changeing the lights and so on. I don't care, My shipping compeny will ship it full of fuel all 2870Liters and I'll handel any and all parking issues.

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #36 on: 17.03.2007, 22:14:20 »

I know about the road useage fees for a large truck, and the limted fuel and changeing the lights and so on. I don't care, My shipping compeny will ship it full of fuel all 2870Liters and I'll handel any and all parking issues.

Yeah, right.  ;D
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #37 on: 17.03.2007, 22:25:47 »

Whatever doco.

whitewulfe

« Reply #38 on: 18.03.2007, 12:59:35 »

What a waste! Please, donate the $10000 tp Eurofurence instead ... we could make much better use of it :) *lol*

But it's a known fact, north american currency is worthless outside of north america... ~_^  (especially my pitiful canadian dollar, it's like....  $1.60 per euro *whimper*).  Jasper and Banff exist for a reason, and it ain't the snowboarding ~_^

And 2870 litres of fuel?  By gawd, my 400hp rally car could sit at 9,000rpm for 24 hours straight easily with that kind of fuel....  All she's got though is a 40L/10gallon tank *pouts*  Somehow though, she still gets 10L/100km, weird (my daily driver (101hp, 102lbs-ft torque)before the engine blew and rings started leaking was making 7.7L/100km, not bad for a block with 360,000km on it, and a head that had a three angle valve job as well as port and polish).

But yeah, why would one spend ten grand to bring a hauler out to germany?

And hey, my car would be road legal right away (well, okay, I'd have to change the tail lights because I haven't modded mine to Trueno Sprinter specs yet :P), yay for Hella "72200" H4conversion kits. ^_^  They might complain about the WRC spec cage in it though. ~_^

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #39 on: 18.03.2007, 14:11:28 »

I might be cool to drive around in a truck wasting tons of fuel for nothing and pollute the environment in the usa. But to be honest you can not impress anyone over here when you acting like this.
Maybe it would be better to behave like a guest when you are visiting another country, and not like the terminator   ;)

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #40 on: 18.03.2007, 16:32:49 »

Allow me to explain, I am not trying to impress anyone. This is just someing I have wanted to do since I was a little kid, Now I have the chance to do it and I am takeing it.
Now the truck it's self runs very clean if I trun the pump back down and don't floor it all the time, Also it won't be there during the con. I am visiting for two weeks and the plan is for the rig to arrive after the con.

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #41 on: 18.03.2007, 20:10:16 »

Since you were a little kid you want to polute germany?
Ah i understand, and doing this not at the convention but afterwards is better..............

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #42 on: 18.03.2007, 21:14:11 »

Ummm... NightFox, I think that Jager wanted to say that he wanted to have a truck from his early childhood. Im certain, he did not want to pollute anything...
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #43 on: 19.03.2007, 05:28:37 »

Lokosicek your close, I have always wanted to drive a semi tractor on the autobahn, Thats been my childhood dream. Nightfox my reasone for that is this, I am the son of trucker. I grew up drit poor bounceing all over the US in the cab of a truck till I was 15, But all my younger years where spent hearing tales of the ice road, outback, Kamakaza trail and euro truckers. As one might picture those stories stuck with me and left a yearning to be like my heros, And to be able to say I have done it. So far I have seen four of my childhood dreams come true, Got my CDL, My rig, Run the Kamakaza trail and the Ice road. I have two left Europe and the austrailan outback. Since I have a friend that will pay all my costs to run europe in my rig I am going to do it, Just because I may never get that chance again in my lifetime.

whitewulfe

« Reply #44 on: 19.03.2007, 12:24:52 »

I'd much rather see how fast I could get my rolla going down the autobahn, see how many lambos and ferarris I pass with a "low end grocery getter", and what kind of dirty looks I get ^_^  (Ah, sooo can't wait until spring hits fully here, the lambos, ford gt's, ferarris, and various other supersports cars come out downtown, driven by hotheaded kids who think they're cool driving daddy oil rig's car ^_^)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up