Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Sefurity" shirts.  (Read 17671 times)

SupernovA

Re: "Sefurity" shirts.
« Reply #15 on: 09.09.2010, 13:48:58 »

Maybe we can turn around this discussion to something positive? What if official security staff starts wearing clothes which make them obviously security? To be honest, some security staff doesn't really look like it, and that might be confusing. The fact people think O kill might be security could be because it looked like he was! Due to the t-shirt! Maybe something to think about, instead of reject right away?

To me just a lanyard saying ef-security doesn't do the trick. Get some simple fancy black shirts, print Eurofurence Security Staff on them and voila. Point out to people that people wearing those shirts are official security. Seems and easy solution to me.
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

Weed

« Reply #16 on: 09.09.2010, 13:56:29 »

To me just a lanyard saying ef-security doesn't do the trick. Get some simple fancy black shirts, print Eurofurence Security Staff on them and voila. Point out to people that people wearing those shirts are official security. Seems and easy solution to me.

In case you missed, some of us *were* wearing black t-shirts with the F.I.A-logo in our back (or in some cases, front), along with the text "Furry Intelligence Agency Eurofurence" :) We're so stealth, you won't notice us even if we have a giant logo in our backs *chuckle*
This wasn't a mess! It was organized chaos!

SupernovA

« Reply #17 on: 09.09.2010, 14:05:57 »

In case you missed, some of us *were* wearing black t-shirts with the F.I.A-logo in our back (or in some cases, front), along with the text "Furry Intelligence Agency Eurofurence" :) We're so stealth, you won't notice us even if we have a giant logo in our backs *chuckle*

Well, excuse me for trying to help out and spin this discussion into something positive! I've seen those shirts by the way, but the did not made me think 'hey, he is EF security!'
Oh well, i seems like people should just not say anything at all, even if it's positively ment.

SupernovA

« Reply #18 on: 09.09.2010, 14:13:42 »

The F.I.A. (or Furry Intelligence Agency) was, essentially, the theme of Eurofurence 8. (source: http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/F.I.A.)

Doesn't seem like official Eurofurence security Staff - t-shirt to me, but it was a theme. Everybody could just walk around with this as far as I know.
I'm talking about plain and clear t-shirt which say: Eurofurence Security. Nothing more nothing less. People won't have to wonder what it's about then.

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #19 on: 09.09.2010, 14:20:14 »

I wonder why in god's name someone wants to wear 'securety' items that badly, it's about furry, wear something furry instead and make things easy for aswell the staff as the con-goers. As a regular con-goer I expect staff members (thus security) to be recognizable at all times, if someone approaches me wearing some kind of 'security' label I expect them to be security. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 09.09.2010, 14:24:37 by Fauho »

WhiteShadowFox

« Reply #20 on: 09.09.2010, 14:30:04 »

I wonder why in god's name some want to wear 'securety' items that badly, it's about furry, wear something furry instead and make things easy for aswell the organizers as the con-goers. Thank you.

Its not the fact that someone wants to wear security items.
Sefurity tshirts where there on previous EF's.
What has also not been told in the topic is that is doesn't only say "sefurity" but it also has more text on it. Sefurity and in tekst around the word: "official certified furry spotter"

At EF15 someone told the security that someone was telling people that events where cancelt and sended someone to his room.
The only thing that bothers me with this is "why is he never caught"? if he is telling people that alot of them had to see the guy but yet it is still a mistery.

The solution is quite simple. Point people to the badges.
It makes clear who is "attenend, sponsor, supersponsor, staff and security.
Its as simple as that and no one can make a mistake since those badges aint buyable at your nearest dealers den ;)

A little bit of just common sence is required of everyone.
Let the one (from ef15) not ruin it for the rest.
Especially since the guy was never found heck he may not even excist.
« Last Edit: 09.09.2010, 14:32:06 by WhiteShadowFox »

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #21 on: 09.09.2010, 14:47:39 »

Okay, that's it. This discussion is moving in circles.

@Supernova: Nobody who is not staff or security may wear any FIA signs.

I can also fully understand the situation if it isn't allowed any more, especially since we're now in a public accessible venture and people might get confused. I'm part of a security team in the Netherlands myself, and we also actively enforce a no shirts may resemble our shirts or state security on them either on the front or on the back.

If even one of your men tells us you wouldn't do anything else with your events then this is getting silly.

Fact is: There were few complaints about the same incident at EF 15. Those guests complaining were not related to each other. No, we didn't investigate that fact further since we have enough other problems to deal with at EF and it was near the end of the convention.

Eurofurence security WILL NOT WEAR COOPERATE IDENTITY. We don't care how blatant other events handle their bouncers, but at EF we are a small, selected team that works discreetly. We do not want to be seen. The FIA shirt this year were as far as we will go. Part of the reason we were called "best furry-convention security ever" back at EF 15 was our discreet, non intrusive operation and we are proud of that. Security at EF is a SERVICE to our guests, not a way to position ourself above others.

We do not want to punish a whole group of people for the rule-violation of one individual but to be asked to leave some shirt back at home is not a punishment.

The decision to this and if a specific rule is necessary will be made in the next few weeks and will be announced in this very forum as always.

End of discussion.
« Last Edit: 09.09.2010, 14:49:44 by Dhary Montecore »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #22 on: 09.09.2010, 14:53:25 »

This is going in circles, indeed. Discussion closed by request of EF staff due to growing headaches caused by reading all this bickering.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up