Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New prices - discussion thread  (Read 41773 times)

Cookie

Re: New prices - discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: 10.01.2010, 19:51:55 »

You do not have to use the parking garage of the hotel. You can park your car anywhere in the streets (which should be safe if it's empty), or do car sharing and also share the parking costs.

In the streets next to the biggest train station of the city, that's highly unrealistic that there will be space left for at least 200 cars (estimate done seeing last year's parking at the hotel)... really...

(Magdeburg being the capital city of Sachsen-anhalt, and also a popular spot to go to by train to Hannover and Berlin...  it's an awfully busy train station)

I wouldn't count on it .....
« Last Edit: 10.01.2010, 20:04:57 by Cookie »
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

djem

• Stage Team
« Reply #16 on: 10.01.2010, 19:56:46 »

On Booking.com their is still 5 room left during EF, cheapest one with lowest option is 82E per night, *4 it makes 328, deided by 2, 164, still more expensive ten the offer made by EF.

But well, it might be expensive, but it's not like if EF was trying to  make money, it's juste the price they pay for it. Even if it's quite hight :)

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #17 on: 10.01.2010, 20:05:09 »

On Booking.com their is still 5 room left during EF, cheapest one with lowest option is 82E per night, *4 it makes 328, deided by 2, 164, still more expensive ten the offer made by EF.

Are you sure booking.com has it right? It is highly unusual for Germany to have a per room rate. All rates are always per person and night.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #18 on: 10.01.2010, 20:12:44 »

But EF3 was only €40.90! BAAAAWWWHWHHWWWW!!!1  ::)

What happens if I make a booking for a room category that's sold out? Say I want a studio and they're all taken, do I just get bumped into a Superior instead or is the registration system actually able to handle this? :P
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Fritti

« Reply #19 on: 10.01.2010, 20:17:37 »

As I have never gone to a con in my life before, therefore not having any frame of reference, I have to say that with how everything has been going up in price due to the economic recession, this price increase for a place as luxurious as the Maritim hotel is still very manageable. Sure, it might be a bit steep all at once, but at least everyone is still given plenty of advance notice, and as has been pointed out, it's the fault of the German laws (yay governments!) =~.^=

I do have a question, though, not quite sure where to ask it but since it concerns the fee and room payments, I figured to ask here. Or at least, I'll ask here where I should ask my actual question =~.^= As I said it's the very first time in my life I'll be going to a con, and I have been offered the chance by a good friend who will also take care of the expenses for me. So I am wondering, how does it work with the registration when someone offered to pay the fees for you? Can I ask about that here openly, or should I PM someone of the staff for that?

Thanks in advance for the help! =^_^=

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 10.01.2010, 20:19:23 »

What happens if I make a booking for a room category that's sold out? Say I want a studio and they're all taken, do I just get bumped into a Superior instead or is the registration system actually able to handle this? :P

You'll get an email from us that the category is booked out, and then you can decide what you'd like to do.
yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 10.01.2010, 20:21:43 »

I have been offered the chance by a good friend who will also take care of the expenses for me. So I am wondering, how does it work with the registration when someone offered to pay the fees for you? Can I ask about that here openly, or should I PM someone of the staff for that?

You can register and let your friend pay for you, no problem. After registereing you'll receive an email with our account number and our paypal address. Simply hand those to your friend and let him transfer the money for you.
yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 10.01.2010, 20:22:44 »

No "divided by 2". What booking.com shows you (328 €) is alread the "per person" price :)
yours,

Cheetah

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #23 on: 10.01.2010, 20:26:27 »

Are you sure booking.com has it right? It is highly unusual for Germany to have a per room rate. All rates are always per person and night.

Not neccessarily. A lot of hotel chains are taking on the per-room price model these days. Accor Group does this, for instance, and I think Maritim has similar offers on their web site when I last checked it. Usually these are special rates, though.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Fritti

« Reply #24 on: 10.01.2010, 20:27:00 »

I have been offered the chance by a good friend who will also take care of the expenses for me. So I am wondering, how does it work with the registration when someone offered to pay the fees for you? Can I ask about that here openly, or should I PM someone of the staff for that?

You can register and let your friend pay for you, no problem. After registereing you'll receive an email with our account number and our paypal address. Simply hand those to your friend and let him transfer the money for you.

Alright, thank you very much! He has been to EF before a couple of times, so he should know exactly where to transfer all the expenses to. Of course we'll be sharing a room, and he already informed me on how to have us appointed as roommates on the registration form, so I don't foresee any troubles there.

Thank you again for the help! =^_^=

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #25 on: 10.01.2010, 20:34:54 »

You do not have to use the parking garage of the hotel. You can park your car anywhere in the streets (which should be safe if it's empty), or do car sharing and also share the parking costs.

In the streets next to the biggest train station of the city, that's highly unrealistic that there will be space left for at least 200 cars (estimate done seeing last year's parking at the hotel)... really...

(Magdeburg being the capital city of Sachsen-anhalt, and also a popular spot to go to by train to Hannover and Berlin...  it's an awfully busy train station)

I wouldn't count on it .....

It's a city of 230,000. That's not exactly big per se.. :P

Besides, there is a shopping mall with a rather big car park right next to the hotel that charges about half as much as the garage directly under the hotel. It's just a matter of crossing the street vs. having direct lift access. (Which, by the way, is a great thing to have, at least for unloading).

FWIW, one can always take the train.  ::)

Cookie

« Reply #26 on: 10.01.2010, 20:46:35 »

It migt not be such a big city per se, but it's one of the main stations on the axis Hannover-Berlin.. therefore, quite busy (even with everyday commuters)

I don't mind crossing the road or anything.. it's just that the phrase "you'll find easily a place to park in the street"... nah.. not realistic at all, when you're talking about parking more than 200 cars in one or two days, around a busy train station.
So you HAVE to add parking prices on top of the rest...

FWIW, one can always take the train.  ::)

Not an option for fursuiters who are also sellers or artists, i'm afraid... (i calculated i'd have at least 5 suitcases to fit all my merchandise, suits and clothing)...
« Last Edit: 10.01.2010, 20:49:44 by Cookie »
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Honey

« Reply #27 on: 10.01.2010, 22:16:01 »

I dont know if this question belongs here but is it possible to book a room at the hotel through the hotels homepage, at the time EF is running without doing it through the EF registration system? I thought EF had booked the whole hotel except those permant residents there were living there?

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: 10.01.2010, 22:42:39 »

I dont know if this question belongs here but is it possible to book a room at the hotel through the hotels homepage, at the time EF is running without doing it through the EF registration system? I thought EF had booked the whole hotel except those permant residents there were living there?

Hotels that sell their space through travel agencies may have to guarantee a minimum number of rooms to be bookable at any time.
yours,

Cheetah

Honey

« Reply #29 on: 10.01.2010, 22:51:30 »

Okay thanks for the answer :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up