Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New prices - discussion thread  (Read 41834 times)

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Re: New prices - discussion thread
« Reply #30 on: 10.01.2010, 23:48:35 »

Here's some parking garage stuff I found within 5 minutes of googling, so that people finally stop complaining about the baaaawwww 18€ per day baaawww fee. =)

(this info will all be worked into the web site eventually when it launches)

Allee-Center
Ernst-Reuter-Allee 11

Über 4.000 Fahrzeuge steuern täglich die über 1.300 Parkplätze in unserem Center an. Auch in diesem Bereich gilt unsere Devise: helle, sichere, saubere und übersichtliche Parkplätze. Unser Parkhausbüro im 2. Obergeschoss rundet unseren Service rund ums Parken ab. Es dient neben dem Parkwertkarten-Verkauf auch als Fundbüro.

Gebührenordnung

- 1. Stunde 0,30 €
- 2. Stunde 0,60 €
- 3. Stunde 1,00 €
- jede weitere angefangene Stunde 1,00 €
- Verlust der Parkkarte 10,00 €
- Tagessatz 14,00 €

Parkwertkarte

Parken und 10 % Sparen mit der Parkwertkarte

Ihre Vorteile auf einen Blick:

- Park-Wertkarten im Wert von 10,- sowie 20,- und 50,- Euro
- Jederzeit wieder aufladbar
- 10 % Bonus - Vorteil für Sie
- Keine lästige Kleingeldsuche und kein Warten am Kassenautomaten

Parkhausbüro: 0391/5334433

Lage:     City Carré
Adresse:    Kantstraße 4
Tel.    0391 - 53 11 253
Öffnungszeiten:    Mo. - Sa. 06.00 - 02.00 Uhr
\nSo. 09.00 - 02.00 Uhr
Stellplätze:    1.180
Tarife:    1.00 €/Stunde
9.00 €/Tag

There also is an open car park a bit down the street at Hasselbachstraße, but I didn't find any prices for that on the (very very VERY VERY poorly designed) Magdeburg Tourist page. Looks like they have separate private enterprises running their public car parks instead of a citywide operator. Yeech, East Germany...   ::) [/rant]
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Shivon

• Shivon <3 Waffles
    • Shivon.NL
« Reply #31 on: 11.01.2010, 00:16:31 »

Thank you Doco :D. Gonna bookmark those parking areas in my navigation system :P.

K9Primate

« Reply #32 on: 11.01.2010, 23:06:09 »

For the ones looking for a free parking place in Magdeburg.

After looking around a bit I found two parking places.
The problem is, they are quite a distance (about 4km) from the hotel, but you get what you'd paid for (a long walk  ;D).

1 hour walk to the hotel: http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=0&t=m&q=11.66445E,52.15453N

Or here (only if there isn't a trade fair (messe) during our stay, than it is not free), about 45 minutes walk to the hotel: http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=0&t=m&q=11.67233E,52.13271N

Quite possibly there are some more or less (maybe smaller) hidden free parking places nearer to the hotel.
But somehow it is proving to be quite a challenge for me to proof their existence.

[edit]
Also here is a list of some parking spaces: http://www.movi.de/parkinfo/uebersicht.htm
« Last Edit: 11.01.2010, 23:18:30 by K9Primate »
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

Skie

• That Tall Wolf
    • The Israeli Furry Website
« Reply #33 on: 12.01.2010, 00:08:40 »

This makes me feel sad and wanting to hug cheetah :(
As I'm sure none of the EF staff wanted any of that.

The reason for moving to a new hotel was the increase in attendance, and now the high prices might prevent people from coming :/

I was wondering if there is any additional info regarding a 3rd roomie, as even those 10% makes a big difference for me.

djem

• Stage Team
« Reply #34 on: 12.01.2010, 07:28:29 »

The reason for moving to a new hotel was the increase in attendance, and now the high prices might prevent people from coming :/

Well I think people that really want to come to EF will find a way to pay for it :) Specially by reducing other cost : sharing car or reserving train tickets long time before the con, eating outside of the hotel and spend less money at the bar ;) It's quite fun to see how fast you can save money from little things when you think a bit about it ;)

Fritti

« Reply #35 on: 12.01.2010, 14:26:13 »

It's quite fun to see how fast you can save money from little things when you think a bit about it ;)

True, very true. A lot of little things can add up to a big saving.

And hey! Who knows it might even bring new friendships, if groups of furs come together for a picnic or something with simple, cheap food bought in the local supermarkets to save on the dining costs =^_^=

Cookie

« Reply #36 on: 13.01.2010, 13:02:36 »

I bet that there will be a lOT less money spent on art and goodies at the con, too...

The auctions won't reach the prices they did last year either, i assume...

(still can't believe that someone spent more than my monthly rent on a piece of art.. :o)
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

djem

• Stage Team
« Reply #37 on: 13.01.2010, 13:18:06 »

I bet that there will be a lOT less money spent on art and goodies at the con, too...

I'm not that sure because :

- Between the registration, paying your entry at the con, and the con itself theire his a cople of month where people can make some economie, and can spend that on art or goodies at the con.

- Even if the con itself is more expensive, people make the difference between that price, and the value of art, it's two separate things ;)

Fritti

« Reply #38 on: 13.01.2010, 18:25:10 »

You're probably right about that, djem. There is planty of time between mid-February and the end of August to save up, after all. But I think Cookie is right as well; from what I heard around FA, the past year things have not been going very well at the cons in the US, with people spending a lot less money on art and auctions and such. Dealers often didn't sell nearly as much as they used to, and many things were sold for less than the original prices too. Still, the news around the Netherlands is that the economy is slowly beginning to rise back up from the pit it has been in during 2009, so who knows how things may look by August? =^_^= I guess we will just have to hope the best of it, and I know that I for one will be doing my best to save up as much as I can so I can bring myself lots of lovely mementoes from the very first con I will be visiting in my life! =~.^=

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #39 on: 13.01.2010, 18:54:00 »

- Between the registration, paying your entry at the con, and the con itself theire his a cople of month where people can make some economie, and can spend that on art or goodies at the con.

One of the driving forces of any economy though is inflation. And EF has just experienced 40% annual inflation on their basic unit of exchange: convention attendence. And it's 10% worse on top of that for some of us outside the euro zone. I doubt anyone's income will match that increase. Buyers will have less to spend while at the same time sellers will need to increase their prices to break even. The good news is that EF's new venue allows it to achieve significant market growth - if people can afford the hotel.

Here's hoping we pass the 1100 mark this year.

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #40 on: 13.01.2010, 21:56:28 »

@ ANTIcarrot

Whats your point?

Cookie

« Reply #41 on: 14.01.2010, 12:45:27 »

What is "funny" somehow is that, as less people will probably come than expected, as they can't afford the prices (i know personnaly at least 6 people that declined to go this year due to the raise in price), we almost could have stayed in the Ringberg hotel, in fact (if the prices would be that high there too)...

Ironic :)
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #42 on: 14.01.2010, 18:13:52 »

It isn't ironic at all :)

We had the exact same situation when we moved to the Ringberg Hotel
People were screamimg "You will never fill that up, they will all stay at home"

And basically we filled it up within the first year.

I think its worse to have a waiting list and people who have to stay out than paying a little more and having enough space for everyone.

And we had the same discission when we moved to Nürnberg too.........

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #44 on: 14.01.2010, 18:28:29 »

I honestly can't see the problem some people here are having. The base fee amounts to about €20 a MONTH if you save up for a year. It's not like EF is sneaking up by surprise without you noticing, like Christmas or your mom's birthday. :P

Well well. For everyone carried away in the waaahmbulance, there's another one just waiting to hop in. Given that this will be the 14th EF in a row I'm attending, I dare to say: Yes, the hotel will be filled.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up