Eurofurence Information > Questions & Answers

Another maximum room-occupancy question

<< < (2/2)

ECMajor:

--- Quote from: doco on 06.02.2010, 18:25:54 ---I'll answer your hidden question.

NO, it won't get any cheaper for you if you overstuff your room.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yeah, i read that part elsewhere... and even though it's frustrating and makes no sense to me, i can deal with everyone paying a set amount.
I just want to share a room with my friends, that's all. ;_; A con is not a proper con without a roomfull of friends.
It doesn't seem like it would be that much of an issue, but for some reason it is.

drayygon:
I can't see the issue though, so what if i only share my room while sleeping with just one friend. I'll have my friends swing round at times OR meet them at the bar and get oh so merry ^.=.^

Cheetah:

--- Quote from: ECMajor on 09.02.2010, 04:19:46 ---Yeah, i read that part elsewhere... and even though it's frustrating and makes no sense to me, i can deal with everyone paying a set amount.

--- End quote ---

It has organisational reasons. In the end you pay the same, no matter if we split double rooms up "per person" or "per room". The difference however is, that since we re-sell the hotel rooms instead of leaving the booking to the guests themselves, we have to keep track of who's staying in which room. So eveyone has to book his or her place individually, and that's why prices are split "per person", too.

--- Quote ---I just want to share a room with my friends, that's all. ;_; A con is not a proper con without a roomfull of friends.
--- End quote ---

As I said ... just contact us by email, and we'll make sure you get your room full of friends. The problem is, we already have 4 bookable room categories, and people have different expectations about 3/4 people rooms (extra bed/ no extra bed, double bed/single beds), and if we take them all into account, we'd end up with more than 25 bookable categories .... and of course we would have to make sure they all match when people form groups, and we would have to track available supply for each of those. Sorry, but we just can't do that.

We might open the 3/4 person categories up with a very limited set of feature when we fill up with double rooms, but until the point where we have no other sensible choice anyways, it'll be available on individual request only.

--- Quote ---It doesn't seem like it would be that much of an issue, but for some reason it is.

--- End quote ---

Sometimes, like an old german proverb says, "the devil hides in the details" :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version